The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nature versus nurture??

+3
deepesh
Razor Blade
eveningpolestar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nature versus nurture?? Empty Nature versus nurture?? Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:19 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Have your ever heard about the nature vs nurture controversy? It's a debate that concerns what is more important in determining or causing individual differences in physical and behavioral traits like intelligence, kindness, anger, love...is it the genes that determine what type of person you are or is it your upbringing that determines ? What do you think is more important in deciding of what type a person is? Share your views!

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

I think both the factors hold some strong background. Change is every second phenomenon. Just like one doesn't recognise growing up since he stands infront of the mirror everyday. Obviously surrounding holds more role.

3Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:50 am

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

i favor nurture. we are what we have learned.

4Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:49 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

I am confused for what u r saying.
Arenot u contradicting ur own point in the statement above????

5Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:46 pm

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

The way we are does depend on our genes but its mostly nurture that makes the inividual that we are

6Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Confused Wolf

Confused Wolf

if genes only made us what we are then the son and grandsons of Einstein would be as good as Einstein himself, the descendants of Laxmiprasad devkota would as great as him but i haven't heard of any such thing and if only nurture were to create us as we are then many revolutions are it exceptions as to my thoughts. the rebels were brought up in the environment which in future they opposed for they wantedd to live their will.................

http://www.seclusewriter.blogspot.com

7Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

Confused Wolf wrote:if genes only made us what we are then the son and grandsons of Einstein would be as good as Einstein himself, the descendants of Laxmiprasad devkota would as great as him but i haven't heard of any such thing and if only nurture were to create us as we are then many revolutions are it exceptions as to my thoughts. the rebels were brought up in the environment which in future they opposed for they wantedd to live their will.................

I believe that every character of Laxmiprasad will not be in his son from the gene. Anyway who knows, there might be some character like - style of sleeping - similar with father and son.
You can check in your own family, you might have some unique mental character similar to your father. At least one.

8Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Confused Wolf

Confused Wolf

hey saurav.
here we are not talking of some or at least one!!!
we are talking of what we are and yeah i do have something common but that can also change or remain dormant depending on the situation and will.

http://www.seclusewriter.blogspot.com

9Nature versus nurture?? Empty Re: Nature versus nurture?? Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

i think nurture is more important in shaping a person's character because a child learns a lot from the environment!

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum