The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows Xp versus Windows Vista

5 posters

Windows Xp versus Windows Vista

Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Vote_lcap83%Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Vote_rcap 83% [ 5 ]
Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Vote_lcap17%Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

Still not sure whether it's worth upgrading to Vista? We put the two latest versions of

Windows Xp versus Windows Vista It_por10
Windows through a series of tests to provide the definitive verdict.
"The biggest competitor we face with Windows Vista is XP," said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer shortly before the launch of the OS. He wasn't wrong. Not since the makeshift Windows ME has Microsoft faced such an uphill battle to win public favour for a new version of Windows.

Microsoft insists Vista is the fastest-growing OS ever, but given that the installed base of PCs has nearly doubled since the launch of Windows XP, it would be disastrous if it wasn't. Many of the new Vista uptake are either people and businesses buying new PCs as part of an upgrade cycle, or corporate customers that receive the latest OS as part of their rolling licence. The number of people actually opting for Vista upgrades is painfully thin: US reports claim that sales of boxed upgrade editions are 60% down on XP levels.

2Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Tue May 20, 2008 2:38 am

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

Comparing Window$ VI$TA & Window$ XP...

Xp is better coz Vista is the only operating system i used which shud be activated online after 30 days of usage... No pirated serial key will work (hehehe) u will have the limited privilege in your own system after 30 days.... VI$TA also annoys U by asking permission to open any .exe files and moving ur own data's to another drive(Flash disk, Ipod etc) although this permission asking is good but its not better... Xp has greater hole in security than Vi$ta but still XP is better than Vi$ta...

but still VI$TA and XP both sucks coz these are the products of Micro$oft and both are closed source...

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

3Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Fri May 23, 2008 1:25 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

Black Knight wrote:Comparing Window$ VI$TA & Window$ XP...

Xp is better coz Vista is the only operating system i used which shud be activated online after 30 days of usage... No pirated serial key will work (hehehe) u will have the limited privilege in your own system after 30 days.... VI$TA also annoys U by asking permission to open any .exe files and moving ur own data's to another drive(Flash disk, Ipod etc) although this permission asking is good but its not better... Xp has greater hole in security than Vi$ta but still XP is better than Vi$ta...

but still VI$TA and XP both sucks coz these are the products of Micro$oft and both are closed source...

hey dude u r in nepal n always hope for pirated movies n softwares..
i think all nepalese haven't bought an original software till date..
u shud buy windows vista so that u can activate online...

as u said both windows xp and vista sucks...
so which operating system ar u using now??
DOS, Linux or Windows 95/98 huh???

4Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 am

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

devil wrote:
hey dude u r in nepal n always hope for pirated movies n softwares..
i think all nepalese haven't bought an original software till date..
u shud buy windows vista so that u can activate online...

as u said both windows xp and vista sucks...
so which operating system ar u using now??
DOS, Linux or Windows 95/98 huh???

u said that all nepalese hope for pirated software. yeah that's true & u can't stand without that...
the price of softwares are very high due to that we(nepalese) can't afford them...
Due to the high price we have to buy a PC or the fu***ng OS(high priced)...
If we buy Pc then u can't buy Genuine software & vice versa...
The average annual income of Nepalese people are $220 and the price of softwares too high then that (VISTA $400)...
so we have to use the pirated softwares...

U asked me which OS am i using...
i'm using Windows XP(Pirated) now... but thinking of replacing it by linux(the free OS)...
and what abt u???
which OS are u using???
VISTA,XP which?? (Genuine or Pirated)...

5Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Sat May 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

hey u two seems to have core knowledge abt these products...m still not closely familiar with these products so bette not to debate being incompetent..

6Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Sun May 25, 2008 12:27 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

nice debate going on...keep it up guys....

Personally it takes me a long time to get familiar with a new os...I prefer to stick to old one ...the one i am used to...when Xp had just arrived i didn't like it much I prefered windows 98 more...and in the same way I prefer to use XP since i am familiar to it....and by the way VISTA sucks....its always asking questions,,,,this and that? Isn't Os supposed to make all those small desicions and besides i am not always sure what it is asking and what should i do? And I hate being the administrator of a computer and again having limited access to it....Microsoft sucks for sure but since i am using its operating system (though pirated) i wouldn't sday it is that bad after all....But i am longing to learn Linux so that i can breathe freedom and feel a sense of belongingness to the OS i am using......

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

7Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Sun May 25, 2008 4:48 am

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:nice debate going on...keep it up guys....

Personally it takes me a long time to get familiar with a new os...I prefer to stick to old one ...the one i am used to...when Xp had just arrived i didn't like it much I prefered windows 98 more...and in the same way I prefer to use XP since i am familiar to it....and by the way VISTA sucks....its always asking questions,,,,this and that? Isn't Os supposed to make all those small desicions and besides i am not always sure what it is asking and what should i do? And I hate being the administrator of a computer and again having limited access to it....Microsoft sucks for sure but since i am using its operating system (though pirated) i wouldn't sday it is that bad after all....But i am longing to learn Linux so that i can breathe freedom and feel a sense of belongingness to the OS i am using......
ya i'm also thinking about switching Micro$oft OS to Linux....
some softwares under windows platform don't work in linux... cherry cherry
So thinking of dual boot..

8Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Empty Re: Windows Xp versus Windows Vista Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Vista is very very protective and even if a virus breaks in there is not much to be done. The damaged would be done instantly. So novince computer user have no use for Vista. And it does really suck in the context of our country because we are only familier with pirated CDs branded CDs are new to us(HEHEHEHEHE).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum