The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone read AYN RAND books?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:40 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

has anyone over here read her books...which book did you read? And what do you think about her books? I have been hearing about her books so much that I am eager to read her books! Please share in u have anything..

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Re: Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:11 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Ayn Rand (born Alice Rosenbaum) is a fascinating person and an inspiring advocate of freedom but a very mixed blessing philosophically. Her novels The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are still best selling introductions to the ideas of personal freedom and of the free market. As literature they may have drawbacks, but they are compelling "reads," which is certainly what Rand would have wanted. Rand's passionate and moralistic tone, while off-putting to many, is nevertheless probably a real part of her appeal and is no less than an equal and opposite reaction to the self-righteousness that is still characteristic of leftist rhetoric. Few writers convey an irresistible ferocity of convictions as Rand does. To many, including the present writer, raised and indoctrinated with the standard disparagements of capitalism, a novel like Atlas Shrugged can produce something very much like a Conversion Experience. At the same time, the harsh certainty of an autodidact and self-made person, and the high handed authoritarian manner of Rand's personality, worked against her case, her cause, and her life.

I got it from the net. It also gave me some interest about this person because she is advocator of anti-communist view.

3Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Re: Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Don't take it otherwise.
I amnot and will never be anti communist. But I would love what others have to say about communism though.

4Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Re: Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:35 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Razor Blade wrote:Don't take it otherwise.
I amnot and will never be anti communist. But I would love what others have to say about communism though.

well, read the book once...

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

5Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Re: Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

If so then could you lend me that one
For if I got time I would love to go through the book at least for once.

6Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Empty Re: Has anyone read AYN RAND books? Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:08 pm

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

read three of her books first atlas shrugged, i was so gripped by the content of book that i bunked some of my classes to complete this novel as fast as i can, that was outstanding experience, next was fountain head when i started reading this book i have already heard much about her.....again reading this book was a great experience i admired all the characters , the characters who suffers carrying the philosophy of rand and finally short hallucinating experience was in reading anthem , i loved reading this one too.......i may not agree fully with what ayn rand says but what i like most in her novel was all those memorable and confident characters who are full of strength and can go to any extreme to trace their own path and move on it...bravo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum