The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

should foreign educational policy be implemented?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kusu

A blind implementation of foreign education system is not going to yield tangible results for our society. The curriculum should be made in such a way that it addresses the changing needs and spirations of Nepalese society. It has become a cliche that we keep on reiterating i.e.we are only taught theories at educational institutions in Nepal. There is no practical exposures. But i don't completely agree with this statement. For instance, when we talk about Max Weber in Sociology, what kind of practical teaching can we anticipate. whether it be USA or Nepal we have to read the same theory of Max weber.
and it is upto to the students themselves to seek the
applicability of this theory in our society. in subjects that demand practical exposures such as physics, chemistry, anthropology and others, i think
ample lab works and field works are available.

Thus, i believe that the problem is not inherent in the
curriculum but rather in the human resources that are
responsible for teaching the prescribed curriculum.
However, this is not to undermine the significance of
updating curriculum with the passage of time.

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I think the Nepali system of education need to be updated.

Regarding to the statement, "we are only taught theories at educational institutions in Nepal". I agree to this statement and to a great extent. I also strongly agree that, history and theories need to be understand and some time mug up. That's why I think the system need to be changed.

Our syllabus has been made such a way that we cannot go for a practical approach. Our curriculum only focus on the history, definitions by scientists and professors, one criticizing others. Our curriculum does not focus on understanding the subject matter.

As being an economics student, I would like to give an example of economics. I really feel sad when I didn’t see the most important, basic and practical topics like: cost-benefit analysis, economic policies, different economic systems, comparative advantages, competitive advantages, globalization and so on. These topics are the basics that any economics student should understand; even I read it in my As-levels. These topics can be taught in a very practical approach. I am also confused that, why we were taught to criticize Keyns law according to Says? Where are we? Why we are not given a chance to criticize Keyns law or Says law according to our own understanding?

The curriculum should made such a way that, we can understand what's going on in the world in the concerned subject and trained us such a way that they could be a compete other in the respective subjects. For that we can always take an example of foreign system of education.

kusu

To implement the foreign educational policy is not a bed of roses. In an educational system where there are VC's appointed on the basis of political ideologies, lecturers and professors enjoying their status they have acheived out
of nepotism, even the implementation of national educational policy is becoming an uphill task. So, it would
be wrong to think that given the current political system
of country, the international educational policies should be implemented. In fact, the ground reality is inconsistent
with the ideas of international education system.
Furthermore, the refutation of kenseyan theory frm Say's point of view, which is a important scope of macro-economics is eventually to enable students to develop their
own analytical framework after understanding the arguments
of the theorists. It is upto the students to be innovative.
So, the current educational system of the country has provided ample opportunities to become practical and innovative, but tapping them at the right time is becoming
a challenge.

kusu

To implement the foreign educational policy is not a bed of roses. In an educational system where there are VC's appointed on the basis of political ideologies, lecturers and professors enjoying their status they have acheived out
of nepotism, even the implementation of national educational policy is becoming an uphill task. So, it would
be wrong to think that given the current political system
of country, the international educational policies should be implemented. In fact, the ground reality is inconsistent
with the ideas of international education system.
Furthermore, the refutation of kenseyan theory frm Say's point of view, which is a important scope of macro-economics is eventually to enable students to develop their
own analytical framework after understanding the arguments
of the theorists. It is upto the students to be innovative.
So, the current educational system of the country has provided ample opportunities to become practical and innovative, but tapping them at the right time is becoming
a challenge.

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I am not saying directly follow the foreign education policy and I am also not in fur of political intervention in making education policies and in the entire education system.
Coming on to macro-economics, Ok its good to teach Whats kenseyan theory frm Say's point of view, but if they want to judge us by our understanding, the question should not be what's kenseyan theory frm Say's point of view? But should ask whats my view on Say's or Ken's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum