The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCTV in educational Institutions???

+6
Razor Blade
devil
wingman
ariee
Black Knight
eveningpolestar
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty CCTV in educational Institutions??? Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:08 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Recently we have been hearing about and experiencing the growing use of CCTV in schools and colleges...The administration of such institutions justify their actions by saying that use of CCTVs helps to maintain discipline among students, helps in facilitating teaching learning process....but some students and teachers think it as an attack on their freedom...and hence hampers the learning environment ...

What do you think??? Please share your views...

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Sun May 04, 2008 12:07 am

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

its not a good thing at all....it puts unnecessary pressure on students....

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

3CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Black Knight wrote:its not a good thing at all....it puts unnecessary pressure on students....

same here:i:

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

4CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
Black Knight wrote:its not a good thing at all....it puts unnecessary pressure on students....

same here:i:

yea i totally agree to tht i guess i'd d\freak out knowing someones watching me all day and feel real uncomfortable abt that fact.

well if it's in an exam hall it's ok but everywhere else

a complete no for me

5CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am

wingman

wingman
General Debator
General Debator

no , its not good coz students need to have some privacy after all. Educational insitutions shoukd not try to impose dictatorship.

6CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 pm

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

razoo wrote:no , its not good coz students need to have some privacy after all. Educational insitutions shoukd not try to impose dictatorship.

ya i m wid u...

i've heard the newly established top rated "Golden gate int'l college" has also got cctv in every class rooms.
any goldengate students here in this forum????
is it true???

7CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

It's certainly not good to have cctv all over the classrooms. Putting them in library, exam hall, computer labs would be good though.

8CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 pm

sarbani

sarbani

i completely agree to razor blade... they should spare the classroom atleast!!

9CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

putting CCTV camera in the classroom in not good, but what is your say on my case:- I am a Liberal Arts Undergrads at White House- G.S.M. and I was told to cut my hair other wise I will have to leave the college. So, I have to cut my hair.

10CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:57 pm

george

who will watch the CCTV screen all the time? there are lots of technical difficulties to store, maintain etc.
its just a kind of psychological warning to students saying "you are being watched !"

actually you can do anything despite presence of CCTV. but the risk is there, you can be caught in the tape.

see the video clips that kids do so many innovative acts in order to avoid being caught.

its useless argument CCTV or no CCTV.

11CCTV in educational Institutions??? Empty Re: CCTV in educational Institutions??? Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm

sheltonbenjamin2013

You can take your advice from people who Google or a security professional who specializes in CCTV.

Peter Brissette: there is nothing new about the products on your website in fact there are many misleading statements. many offer 3G and IE connection.

On your website you claim:
4GB Micro SD Card for video storage (7 to 10 days)

Truth: a high resolution camera with the smallest file size will use over 15GB-30GB a day (with 40% motion) a 4GB card will give you hours not days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum