The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOME MOVIES THAT YOU CANT AFFORD TO MISS!!!

+13
Black Knight
COFilth
naran
Dark Rider
sofeefr
deepesh
Prabesh
kshitiz
Nabna
kali
nbt
eveningpolestar
blazeofglory
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I must say, I am a movie FREAK!!!

Watch these:

Gone With the Wind
Godfather
Casablanca
Patriot
Hotel Rwanda
The Pianist
any TOM HANKS movie
also any MORGAN FREEMAN movie
any SPIELBERG MOVIE
Shawshank Redemption

wanna see:
Silence of the Lambs
Citizen Kane

I will add up later

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:I must say, I am a movie FREAK!!!

Watch these:

Gone With the Wind
Godfather
Casablanca
Patriot
Hotel Rwanda
The Pianist
any TOM HANKS movie
also any MORGAN FREEMAN movie
any SPIELBERG MOVIE
Shawshank Redemption

wanna see:
Silence of the Lambs
Citizen Kane

I will add up later

I ama movie freak as well...seems like we share a lot of things ( freakiness) in common....

have watched

Gone With the Wind
Godfather
Casablanca
Patriot

Want to watch The Shawshank Redemption ...

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I would recommend these movies:

1. All Quiet on the Western Front (Probable the greatest anti-war movie till date)
2. The Sixth Sense (One of the most creative movie i ever wateched)
3. Gandhi (Very Inspiring)
4. Tae Guk ki (Anti War)
5. Big Fish ( A movie that left me with a hangover for days)

Will recommend more later....

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Hmmm lets see more

I always wanted to watch THE SIXTH SENSE

Good ones:
GODFATHER TRILOGY
One flew over the cuckoo's nest (got to watch completely)

And, this one DONT MISS: CHILDREN OF HEAVEN

Schindler's List
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Dying to see)

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Hmmm lets see more

I always wanted to watch THE SIXTH SENSE

Good ones:
GODFATHER TRILOGY
One flew over the cuckoo's nest (got to watch completely)

And, this one DONT MISS: CHILDREN OF HEAVEN

Schindler's List
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Dying to see)

Don't miss Sixth Sense...I have watched Godfather Part I but didn't like it so much... I am dying to watch Schindler's List but haven't got a chance....I recently wateched "?The Good , The Bad and The ugly" in Martin Chautari's Free Screening of the film..

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Watch The Godfather again.... its theme is so good.

nbt

hmmmm.

yahan kta haru suggest gareko ta dherai jaso movie haru maile herisakaaye!!

Lawrence of Arabia.. herya cha hola ni if not. then do watch it.. tara its kinda long.. maile ta dheri paila heraay ko.. nd its a old movie.. 4ghanta bhada badi cha... tara dammi cha!!

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

nbt wrote:hmmmm.

yahan kta haru suggest gareko ta dherai jaso movie haru maile herisakaaye!!

Lawrence of Arabia.. herya cha hola ni if not. then do watch it.. tara its kinda long.. maile ta dheri paila heraay ko.. nd its a old movie.. 4ghanta bhada badi cha... tara dammi cha!!

so nbt has watched all of them how about these movies...Some more recommendations from me hai ta....

1. Innocent Voices ( War from a child's eyes)
2. Malena ( a very interesting love story at the time of war)
3. Shinobi ( a different plot )

that's all for now...

nbt

hmmm

sabai herya cha bhanya haina,, most of em;.. but not these latest u recomended!!

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I too havent seen or heard any of those Evening mentioned

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

how about some recommendations from nbt?? Please Recommend your favourites nbt...

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Sometimes in April is another unmissable movie!!!

13SOME MOVIES THAT YOU CANT AFFORD TO MISS!!! Empty movies u should not miss Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:12 am

kali

1.Beyond the Boarders
2.Armageddon
3.A lot like love
4.Hotel Rwanda
5.Mexico City

Nabna

kali wrote:1.Beyond the Boarders
2.Armageddon
3.A lot like love
4.Hotel Rwanda
5.Mexico City

hotel rwanda was great Exclamation

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Add "Anne Frank" to the list. I watched this movie in the history channel last friday...it was great movie

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

some time not so famous movies create a long lasting impression in mind.......probably 'moksha' having manisha koirala and arjun rampal happened to be the dust in the wind in the indian cinema but i recommend it to every movie lover,this movie did very badly in box office(may be didnt get good critic review also) but i have heard that it was screened in cannes film festival .......painted veil(naomi watts and norton),scheilender's list(ralph fiennes), million dollar baby(clint eastwood,morgan freeman), maundy thursday(korean movie),brave heart(mel gibson),a very long engagement(french movie),rang de basanti(aamir khan) and yes dimple kapadia and akshay khanna part of dil chahata hai.........were movies which captivated me throughout its length and i never get bored watching those movies again and again

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

kshitiz wrote:some time not so famous movies create a long lasting impression in mind.......probably 'moksha' having manisha koirala and arjun rampal happened to be the dust in the wind in the indian cinema but i recommend it to every movie lover,this movie did very badly in box office(may be didnt get good critic review also) but i have heard that it was screened in cannes film festival .......painted veil(naomi watts and norton),scheilender's list(ralph fiennes), million dollar baby(clint eastwood,morgan freeman), maundy thursday(korean movie),brave heart(mel gibson),a very long engagement(french movie),rang de basanti(aamir khan) and yes dimple kapadia and akshay khanna part of dil chahata hai.........were movies which captivated me throughout its length and i never get bored watching those movies again and again

"Moksh" was a great movie. It left me pondering for over a long time. It was unfortunate that such a great movie didn't do well in box office but then intellectual movies rarely do well in bollywood.

"Million Dollar Baby" was another great movie. The issue of euthanasia raised in the movie was very provocative.

"Braveheart" was superb. The character of William Wallace is well portrayed and the scenery of Scotland was beautiful.

"Rang De Basanti" was thought provocating. A must see for todays youth.

Rest I haven't watched yet.Eager to watch them.

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
kshitiz wrote:some time not so famous movies create a long lasting impression in mind.......probably 'moksha' having manisha koirala and arjun rampal happened to be the dust in the wind in the indian cinema but i recommend it to every movie lover,this movie did very badly in box office(may be didnt get good critic review also) but i have heard that it was screened in cannes film festival .......painted veil(naomi watts and norton),scheilender's list(ralph fiennes), million dollar baby(clint eastwood,morgan freeman), maundy thursday(korean movie),brave heart(mel gibson),a very long engagement(french movie),rang de basanti(aamir khan) and yes dimple kapadia and akshay khanna part of dil chahata hai.........were movies which captivated me throughout its length and i never get bored watching those movies again and again

"Moksh" was a great movie. It left me pondering for over a long time. It was unfortunate that such a great movie didn't do well in box office but then intellectual movies rarely do well in bollywood.

"Million Dollar Baby" was another great movie. The issue of euthanasia raised in the movie was very provocative.

"Braveheart" was superb. The character of William Wallace is well portrayed and the scenery of Scotland was beautiful.

"Rang De Basanti" was thought provocating. A must see for todays youth.

Rest I haven't watched yet.Eager to watch them.

I think million dollar baby was more focussed on the psyche of sportsman ........and euthansia was the small part of the movie ......you will find clint eastwood trying to explorethe particular psyche of different people in his movie......if u dont agree with my statement try his movies like 'mystic river" and "flags of our father"

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Agreed with you view. I meant to say the case of euthanasia in the movie was of more interest to me. Million Dollar Baby is no doubt an exploration of the psyche of a boxer.

Prabesh

Taare Zameen Par
Swades

are some of mine favs

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

evening!!!!! i cant believe u didnt like "the godfther". its the epitomy of hollywood movie making. just keep your eyes on Al pacino throughout the movie. that alone is worth it.

and Blaze.. u really gotta watch "silence of the lambs" soon man. its thriller at its best.

umm, my recomendations would be

teeth (corky, funny and gruesome)
across the universe ( a must watch for beatles fan)
i'm not there ( very surreal but u need to know the life of bob dylan to understand it)

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Prabesh wrote:Taare Zameen Par
Swades

are some of mine favs

swades was a great movie...so meaningful and touchy

But I didn't like Taare Zameen Par so much...?I thought it was a bit over hyped...

sofeefr

hey titanic is though oldies but its a favourite of mine...
and i can't miss this film either comes twice or thrice a week.......

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

the latest movie "Iron Man"..... its really rocks man....... so don miss the show......
i'm thinking to see twice...

naran

General Debator
General Debator

1. Ishwor ( Anil kapoor's)
2.Dost
3.Titanic
4. Jurassic Park
5. Jumanji
6. Gods must be crazy
7. Sukha Dukha

Sponsored content