The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do violent movies cause violence?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do violent movies cause violence? Empty Do violent movies cause violence? Thu May 22, 2008 12:19 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I recently read news that a film was banned in Brazil because of the extreme violence depicted in the movie...Many experts believe that violent movies have a bad influence (especially on children and teenagers) as it causes them to be more violent in real life.What do you think do violent movies cause/increase violent behaviour in real life? Any opinions?

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2Do violent movies cause violence? Empty Re: Do violent movies cause violence? Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Violent movies sure do fill some courage to some teenagers though. It's not only due to the movies but the age of the viewer that matters.

3Do violent movies cause violence? Empty Re: Do violent movies cause violence? Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:51 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Razor Blade wrote:Violent movies sure do fill some courage to some teenagers though. It's not only due to the movies but the age of the viewer that matters.

Its the violent movies that teach people to slit throats of their victim ain't they? I think violent movies are very much responsible for violent behaviours. Movies that glorify violence are the main culprit.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

4Do violent movies cause violence? Empty Re: Do violent movies cause violence? Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:45 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Whatever has been seen in the movies doesnot mean that it has to happen. But if the movie gives the image of the person who is into crime or is about to perform one then it would influence that person. But if there is a happy guy who has no problem and has no hard feelings for other then he wouldnot surely try some crime for fun. Regarding to the teenage or youthness of a boy or a girl they have juvenile character so those movies prove deadly for those group. And for the kids there is not much to say. I heard a news which said that 'a boy jumped from a ten storey building trying to become superman'.
I don't disagree fully on ur opinion but other fact also have to be acknowledged.

5Do violent movies cause violence? Empty Re: Do violent movies cause violence? Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

Sure... After we watched the movie DHOOM2 me and my friends hired bike same day and went to 12-bisae.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum