The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Should prostution be legalised in our country?"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Unfathom

Unfathom

"Should prostution be legalised in our country?" Prosti11

Prostitution, the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or goods. Persons who engage in the activitiy are generally called a prostitute or a whore. It has been described as "the world's oldest profession". Although all forms of sexual activity outside of marriage were regarded as sinful by the Roman Catholic Church, prostitution was tolerated because it was held to prevent the greater evils of rape, sodomy, and masturbation (McCall, 1979). Supporters of legalizing prostitution believe that doing so is in the best interest of the prostitutes and the public, as well as recognizing that prostitution will exist in society. In countries where prostitution is regulated, the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), is reduced through the encouragement of safer sex practices and regular STD testing. In developing countries, where this regulation does not occur, prostitutes serve as an active vector for all STDs, including HIV/AIDS. (Source: PubMed)

Thus prostiution is in some way legal in many countries. I believe prostuition should be "legalized" for both men and women. If someone is willing to sell their bodies inorder to earn their living rather than doing any other crimes to earn their living, it should be justified. At least they are not playing with the innocent and snatching their food, peace and happiness.Thus it also helps in preventing other social crimes. But I also beleive that prostution be legalized in the following manner.

A) education and counciling to have safer sex
B) liscence be given
C) underage and forced prostitution be banned
D) data to be made and health checkup compulsary in regular
interval of time to prevent HIV and other diseases.
E) particular and specified area, which will not disturbe the
general people.

Well, that was my opinion.... what's more important for our country, to protect our culture with many unwanted beliefs or to protect people from doing crimes and diseases?

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Unfathom wrote:Prostitution, the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or goods. Persons who engage in the activitiy are generally called a prostitute or a whore. It has been described as "the world's oldest profession". Although all forms of sexual activity outside of marriage were regarded as sinful by the Roman Catholic Church, prostitution was tolerated because it was held to prevent the greater evils of rape, sodomy, and masturbation (McCall, 1979). Supporters of legalizing prostitution believe that doing so is in the best interest of the prostitutes and the public, as well as recognizing that prostitution will exist in society. In countries where prostitution is regulated, the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), is reduced through the encouragement of safer sex practices and regular STD testing. In developing countries, where this regulation does not occur, prostitutes serve as an active vector for all STDs, including HIV/AIDS. (Source: PubMed)

Thus prostiution is in some way legal in many countries. I believe prostuition should be "legalized" for both men and women. If someone is willing to sell their bodies inorder to earn their living rather than doing any other crimes to earn their living, it should be justified. At least they are not playing with the innocent and snatching their food, peace and happiness.Thus it also helps in preventing other social crimes. But I also beleive that prostution be legalized in the following manner.

A) education and counciling to have safer sex
B) liscence be given
C) underage and forced prostitution be banned
D) data to be made and health checkup compulsary in regular
interval of time to prevent HIV and other diseases.
E) particular and specified area, which will not disturbe the
general people.

Well, that was my opinion.... what's more important for our country, to protect our culture with many unwanted beliefs or to protect people from doing crimes and diseases?
I agree with you...what a person does with his body should be of no concern to anyone until and unless the person uses it to harm others...legalization helps prostitution be safer and more dignified profession.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum