The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should "death penalty" be allowed in Nepal?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Nepalese are encountering more more impunity in their society. Rule of law seems non-existent. Brutal cases of kidnapping, rapes and murders are being reported day by day and sadly, the number of such cases is increasing. Many people find it a need of the time that we create a law allowing death penalty for serious criminals whereas opponents believe death penalty is a threat to human right. What do you think? Should serious criminals be given death penalty? Please share your view.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Unfathom

Unfathom

Yes I do agree that "death penalty" should be adopted in our country. Here in Nepal, one reason for increasing crimes is that criminals are fearless and after committing serious crimes they are quite sure that they will be released within few years or by bribing releated person who can take them out of the jail. I myself have seen a person who was convicted as a murderer, and by bribing he is released within months. So under these circumstances even a simple person will be encouraged to do crimes. One recent example can be taken of a teacher from "A.V.M" school. In so many cases we can also see that criminals are living under safe roof of politician. Therefor, I believe if "death penalty" is adopted in our country then from 40 to 50 percent crimes may be stopped.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Unfathom wrote:Yes I do agree that "death penalty" should be adopted in our country. Here in Nepal, one reason for increasing crimes is that criminals are fearless and after committing serious crimes they are quite sure that they will be released within few years or by bribing releated person who can take them out of the jail. I myself have seen a person who was convicted as a murderer, and by bribing he is released within months. So under these circumstances even a simple person will be encouraged to do crimes. One recent example can be taken of a teacher from "A.V.M" school. In so many cases we can also see that criminals are living under safe roof of politician. Therefor, I believe if "death penalty" is adopted in our country then from 40 to 50 percent crimes may be stopped.

errr....i think death penalty and criminals hiding under the safe roof of politicians are two different things aren't they? the laws for severe crimes are severe but it's their implementation that's not there which is the main problem...even if we introduce death penalty ..how can we be sure the politicians won't give safe roof to the criminals??

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

In Nepal..... I dont think so, because to make a death penalty legalize there should be a good court.. We can see so many cases that- the main criminal is being saved and the innocent people are being charged. So, what if the innocent get death penalty.. So even, I believe the person who intentionally killed other shold be given death penalty, but how can we relay on the Nepalese supreme court ???

Rushil

Rushil

Death penalty should be reintroduced in Nepal. This is what I believe, but the basis for this should be very clear and justifiable. The innocent must be protected and the guilty must be punished, the concept must be clear as to innocent till proven guilty or vice versa. And not to forget the justice system should be not just good but great and reliable. The jury system should be introduced to sensitive case and the courts should not be pressurized and should be allowed to work independently with the interference of any third or fourth party.
The death penalty however should only be used in high profile case and not just any random case.
This should not be a method to set examples to the guilty but only a measure to provide complete and unbiased justice to the victim and the affected parties.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Having rule of law stands most acceptable system. Death penalty even with the same system we have right is not a very good option. Unless the security system, and court is kept out of politics there is not going to be rule of law. And even death penalty would be a false hope in prevailing discipline. However if there be a effective and independent judiciary system I might admit death penalty for harsh crime can be acceptable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum