The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

load-shedding, how has it affected you and country??

+4
Nabna
nbt
eveningpolestar
richa
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

richa

richa

i think the basic problem behind the load-shedding is the short-sightedness of the government. on one hand the population is growing rapidly but the power supply hasn't been increased in the same ratio, that's why the problem of load-shedding has been even more dangerous year by year. if the same short-sightedness continued then the upcoming years seem to be even more dangerous. i was depressed to read in kantipur that most of the industries are closed including hetauda cement factory!! there are few industries in nepal and if they are also being closed down then teh future i can't even imagine??

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

richa wrote:i think the basic problem behind the load-shedding is the short-sightedness of the government. on one hand the population is growing rapidly but the power supply hasn't been increased in the same ratio, that's why the problem of load-shedding has been even more dangerous year by year. if the same short-sightedness continued then the upcoming years seem to be even more dangerous. i was depressed to read in kantipur that most of the industries are closed including hetauda cement factory!! there are few industries in nepal and if they are also being closed down then teh future i can't even imagine??

I agree with you on the point that load shedding is another example of inability and short sightedness of the government...I find it shameful that when world is seeing "Flying Cars" we Nepalese aren't able to see anything at all coz of load shedding...despite of having potential to produce enough energy for a population of 1 billion people we are languishing in darkness...I have read somewhere even if we produce all the electricity through hydro power we are going to be behind in cost efficient energy coz now the world is beginning to use nuclear energy..but since the private sector is taking concern over the problem of power cut I am hopeful that the crisis will b solved ASAP.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

nbt

hmmmm

well the prob is far from over..

these corrupt politicians Talk bout NEW NEPAL.. yea.. rite.. we goin back to the dark ages!!!

load shedding.. is effecting everybody... but wht bout these politician.. they dont have to suffer.. wait in line to get petrol/ or anything!!

Nabna

don't talk abt load-shedding .itz one of the thing i hate most of this country

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

well, the load shedding days are nearly over. Hope to enjoy no-loadshedding!

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

load sheeding
eppepeppepp
Is it still continuing????

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

InViSible Wolf wrote:load sheeding
eppepeppepp
Is it still continuing????

I think its has now been limited to 10 hours a week..but it is there still...

IW do you live out of Nepal Question Question

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

I blame not only the lealders but the people themselves for the load shedding. if this had happened to any other country, there would be nation wide protests and heads would have rolled throughout the NEA. but in nepal we are just content saying it could be worse.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:I blame not only the lealders but the people themselves for the load shedding. if this had happened to any other country, there would be nation wide protests and heads would have rolled throughout the NEA. but in nepal we are just content saying it could be worse.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

so true...it's the part of people to take initiation themselves to solve the problem. Be it by protesting or by finding alternatives themselves....I read a report by a youth orgn that states if all the light bulbs of the valley were to be replaced by CFL light bulbs, we would gain/save 60 Megawatts of electricity...

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
so true...it's the part of people to take initiation themselves to solve the problem. Be it by protesting or by finding alternatives themselves....I read a report by a youth orgn that states if all the light bulbs of the valley were to be replaced by CFL light bulbs, we would gain/save 60 Megawatts of electricity...

Is that true about the CFL light bulbs?? where did u read that?? write something about it man.

richa

richa

yea i agree with deepesh....people are so used to load-shedding, price hike, crisis and curruption that they are so quiet. the daily consuming price of goods are so high in nepal. in past six months, the price of food oil has increased by 200%, is it fair? there should be a price checking mechanism, isn't it?? the people of other countries protest even if it rises by 5%, but we are so quiet, amazingly. i am quiet, you are quiet, we all are quiet and so our country has been quiet.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

i hate loadshedding, coz it makes me idle... now it has limited to 10 hours.
now, i jus feel like getting relief from deep pain....

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:

Is that true about the CFL light bulbs?? where did u read that?? write something about it man.

ya its true..it was in a report by a youth organization called YES Nepal.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

CFL bulbs might be a good example but it's outreach would only accumulate the whole 60 Megawatts of electricity gain/save idea. It's outreach to every nook and corner of Nepal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum