The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did the gods really exist?

+19
nikhilesh
kshitiz
govinda
Saurav
VforVendetta
COFilth
devil
deepesh
Prabesh
Dark Rider
anaRCHy
Black Knight
blazeofglory
shashi
InViSible Wolf
sabina
eveningpolestar
richa
Razor Blade
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

1Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Did the gods really exist? Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

First topic message reminder :

This question always used to haunt me since I had involved in various rituals and religious chores.
Sometimes I felt that all the theologies were the offsprings of the saints or great philosophers of times and ages. But sometimes I had a deep belief of their real existence. So what do u people really think of this troubling question?

76Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Tue May 19, 2009 5:12 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Ratoghoda wrote:I also haven't go through all posts but I really don't believe in god.
I have taken these all a part of political which is created by ancient writers.
If you read well Hindu Epics,Bible and Kuran then you will know these all means mistakes inside of those books.
I have read many of those books so came to know and philosophy of these books(Major religions are Hindu,Christian,Budhha and Islam)but haven't got chance to read Tripitak(Except one so can't say more about Budhha).
I came in conclusion after a long time due to these books but still missing in soul of human.

About god,
I really don't believe and I don't forget the word of Friedrich Nietzsche
Which is "God is dead" and I add here now,
"I killed my god because he was basterd".

I agree with you...the religious text are nothing more than the entertaining creations of some ancient story tellers... And i believe the so called gods were just some feudal lords who in search of fame made people write fictitious stories about them....As scientists have already found that The Bible has been copied from ancient Mesopotamian religious texts, Koran is the new testament etc etc...Regarding Buddha he never claimed himself a god but his followers made him one...Buddha was a philosopher in my not a god...he preached about meaning of life and way of living....

When people talk about god (not of religions but the almighty one) ..i think it is just a concept ..there is nothing called god coz i haven't seen one and i don't find attributing what you cannot explain to an imaginary force a very sound idea at all...

Regarding Nietzsche, i think there has never been a god to be dead! God never existed at all!!

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

77Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Tue May 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Ratoghoda

Regarding Nietzsche, i think there has never been a god to be dead! God never existed at all!!
As far as I guess.
He had said to change the mentality of people because that time wasn't like current.
You still can see the mentality of Muslims right now so I guess it was tricky word for that moment.

78Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Since I don't think this is never going to stop
I wish to have a come back through the most debated topic
My only question in the begining was what created all these
now even the things are going to be proved that at least something did
so what is that something can we call it god? please hahah

79Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 am

nikhilesh

nikhilesh

CONSIDERING THE PUNY LITTLE HEAD OF MAN(HOMO SAPIEN SAPIEN)WHO EVOLVED AND CONTINUES TO DO SO IN THE PATH OF SELF DESTRUCTION, I STRONGLY BELIEVE WE ARE VERY ILL EQUIPED TO PONDER YET ALONE DECIDE IF THERE IS A GOD OR NOT.MAN CREATES THINGS THAT DESTROYS OTHER THINGS AND ULTIMAETLY OURSELVES,SO WHEN THIS DISSCUSION ENDS AND WE FINNALLY,.... IF EVER WE DO FIND WHETHER GOD EXISTS OR NOT,WE WILL BE LYING TO OURSELVES.BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER COMPREHEND THE CONSIQUENCES OF THE ANSWER TO THIS FUNDAMENTAL OF QUESTIONS.

80Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:42 pm

VforVendetta

VforVendetta
General Debator
General Debator

Can't you all see what's happening here? You are over relying on the power of thought, and the intellect. You all are trying to conceptualize what "god" may be,and thus tailoring your own conclusions regarding it.Rather than arguing so blatantly on the existence of god, why not ask, who is doing all the asking?
You may say "I", but what is this "I"?.How do you know it's not just another thought? How do you really know if there's anyone on the driver's seat.how do we really know what we know, if an image is a mirage or the real thing? Not knowing and knowing manifest each other. When you donot know something, there must be something you think you know that's blocking your view.What is that? Perhaps the most intelligent thing to do is to drop all opinion and try to see things as they are.

81Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:38 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

You all are trying to conceptualize what "god" may be,and thus tailoring your own conclusions regarding it.

that's what i mean!!!

82Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

george

I'd rather formulate my opinion with "God is the space in between quotes, where we fill according to our understandings.that is guided by our experiences, socio-religious imprints, academic achievements etc.

Supreme being, Buddha, Allah, God, Ishor etc are just synonyms. you can pick according ur convenient. you can put your 'girlfriend's love' as God or heavenly thing as well. nobody is gonna question you.

Through out your life this space within quotes will change from your mother to some strange figure to your girlfriends love to some band to some saint to some preacher to void to yourself.

This is kind of 'the moment with in the film' in which you dont know what next scene would be or where it ends. this film evolves around you, you'll find your heroin and villains and your fantasy heroin, but you are still looking for the director or producer. but you dont find them and the movie is still running. and you are amazed.
may be the director of your movie is your God and he really exists. or vice versa.

83Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

george wrote:I'd rather formulate my opinion with "God is the space in between quotes, where we fill according to our understandings.that is guided by our experiences, socio-religious imprints, academic achievements etc.

Supreme being, Buddha, Allah, God, Ishor etc are just synonyms. you can pick according ur convenient. you can put your 'girlfriend's love' as God or heavenly thing as well. nobody is gonna question you.

Through out your life this space within quotes will change from your mother to some strange figure to your girlfriends love to some band to some saint to some preacher to void to yourself.

This is kind of 'the moment with in the film' in which you dont know what next scene would be or where it ends. this film evolves around you, you'll find your heroin and villains and your fantasy heroin, but you are still looking for the director or producer. but you dont find them and the movie is still running. and you are amazed.
may be the director of your movie is your God and he really exists. or vice versa.

Well, i agree. we can make god ut of our girlfriends or our mothers or our work or our ethics...and that's what i believe god is just a concept that humans invented to make life easier (harder?) ...but there exists no such supreme being who created us or who directs the whole universe!! We created gods and that out of amusement I say!

84Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:56 am

lkafle

lkafle

hahaha Gods never existed. If they did, they would have be worshiped by animals before humans were created according to OSHO.
But, we need to fear.
We need reason.
God is there.
When we have pain we remember GOD although we know GOD is everywhere means nowhere.
Einstein said on science and religion that one is lame and vice versa without each other.

http://www.everestuncensored.org

85Did the gods really exist? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

lkafle wrote:hahaha Gods never existed. If they did, they would have be worshiped by animals before humans were created according to OSHO.
But, we need to fear.
We need reason.
God is there.
When we have pain we remember GOD although we know GOD is everywhere means nowhere.
Einstein said on science and religion that one is lame and vice versa without each other.

once again the conclusion is GOD is just a concept created by humans..no supernatural or almighty stuff at all!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4