The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did the gods really exist?

+19
nikhilesh
kshitiz
govinda
Saurav
VforVendetta
COFilth
devil
deepesh
Prabesh
Dark Rider
anaRCHy
Black Knight
blazeofglory
shashi
InViSible Wolf
sabina
eveningpolestar
richa
Razor Blade
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Did the gods really exist? Empty Did the gods really exist? Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

This question always used to haunt me since I had involved in various rituals and religious chores.
Sometimes I felt that all the theologies were the offsprings of the saints or great philosophers of times and ages. But sometimes I had a deep belief of their real existence. So what do u people really think of this troubling question?

2Did the gods really exist? Empty does god exist? Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:05 am

richa

richa

this is even a question that hunts me time and again like you. sometimes i deny its existence but sometimes it becomes inevitable. whenever i think of the existence of this earth, the phenomenon by which this dark, wide and infinite universe exists, i become compelled to accept its existence, don't you. though i don't believe in a particular religion, i believe in the existence of some power and i term it as God(an unseen power and forece that rules you). however, if that unseen power has really created this earth, the only living planet-as small as a drop of water in this universe, then what might be his logic behind it??

3Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:06 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Though when i was younger I used to be a devout believer in god, now I don't believe in god at all. I can't simply accept the notuion that some absurd being of power greater than ours exists and controls everything that happens in this universe and our life. I believe that we are the superior creatures of this world and we are responsible for all our actions and our destiny. Mankind created god in ancient times because they were unable to explain things , unable to find to whom should a responsibility be assigned to. As the science advances we are finding answers and plausible explainations to our puzzles and I believe someday science will find a plausible expalnation for the creation of universe. I find the concept of god of all religions absurd. I somewhat subscribe to the views of Nihilism instead so even in the times of greatest misery I don't find any traces of raminiscences of god in my mind.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

4Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:51 am

richa

richa

i really do not believe what evenining pole star has said, thogh i respect his faith. there are some things that is beyond the reach of science. i cannot agree that man is a superior being and he will discover everything later in the future.

5Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

There are various unusual activities that are goin on which are against the laws of physics which play crucial roles for even to put blind belief in the mind of people. Stigmata, unknown activities in burmuda triangle, tendency of getting invisible when any person enters field inside a pyramid in China which are the factors that are undescribable by the laws of science. That's why my friend even these kind of things can't be expalined then ? do u say about the creation of the world. Be kind to answer me evening polestar.

6Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:11 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

^Razor Blade

there are various activities going on against the law of physics doesn't mean that a supreme being whom no one has ever seen exists. If things are going against law of physics then it might mean our understanding of physics is inadequate ...we are yet to learn laws of physics fully...

If things cannot be explained then we need to develop our understanding adequate enough to understand things ...not just hand the explanation to some absurd beings...

7Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

richa wrote:i really do not believe what evening pole star has said, thogh i respect his faith. there are some things that is beyond the reach of science. i cannot agree that man is a superior being and he will discover everything later in the future.

Things are beyond the reach of science doesn't mean they should be accredited to someone whom you have never seen, do they?

And could you please kindly explain why man isn't the supreme being....why has man to be a puppet of someone mightier when almighty himself hasn't been able to show to us that he really exist....

I think "God is one of man's blunders otherwise we are going to one of the blunders of God."

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Since the discovery of very basic particles of the atoms and till the date today where we have the great relativistic theory formulated by the father of modern physics we have understood that every knowledge we gain would not be enough. We go on deepening our interest in unveiling the spectacular nature's mysteries. Even the great scientist who had once been the complete atheist had ouch of belief that the god exists. So my friend u who have forecasted before that we are the superior beings in the universe have a very less chance of unveiling even the mysteries of the basic formation of the particles.
So my friend there are some point of analysis in the world where we need to feel that ok now its done. I guarantee u friend even after millions of ages of study of the basic particle of the atoms also the mystery would remain unconcludable.

9Did the gods really exist? Empty does god really exist? Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:12 pm

sabina

I completely disagree if someone says ,there is god in this universe. if u believe in god, then u r simply giving ur credit of what u have achieved to someone whom u have never seen and never interacted. how could u believe so blindly to the image u have never seen, i am shocked,my dear!.everyday what happens in ur life is guided by ur activities u did in the past.there is nobody to control ur actions and activities.ur life goes on ur will and so does the life of others.so, what is so strong evidence to believe there is god in this earth.in this 21st century of scientific world, if u r stii going for the things that have no evidence, think once how backward u stii r.if there would be god in this world to control it, then the world would have always moved on the same pace and in the same direction, but why is it that it is being changed day by day?it's simpla a question to all my dear frens who have a strong faith on god.

10Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:14 pm

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

"The idea of a Supreme Being who made the world makes sense. The concept of God is what scientists call a highly convenient hypothesis."
In other words, the concept of God fits—almost as if our minds have a feel for God. So much so, in fact, that when people reject God, they invariably substitute something else

11Did the gods really exist? Empty Does Really Exist Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:53 pm

shashi

shashi

Do you know if there is nothing there is god! All of the places are always really god are helping them.
Have you notice all the persons who are in great posts ane noding.
The meaning of noding is recives power of god in each and every moment.

12Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:55 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

shashi wrote:Do you know if there is nothing there is god! All of the places are always really god are helping them.

Couldn't grasp your logic at all!!!

13Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:02 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
shashi wrote:Do you know if there is nothing there is god! All of the places are always really god are helping them.

Couldn't grasp your logic at all!!!
Double that Wink

14Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat May 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

I believe in and fear ghosts and what i think is if ghosts exist then god surely exists. There cannot exist evil without the good one...So i must say i believe in god..

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

15Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Mon May 05, 2008 10:27 pm

anaRCHy

Last edited by anaRCHy on Mon May 05, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Mon May 05, 2008 10:35 pm

anaRCHy

Do you believe god? why do you believe? if not , why don`t you?does really god exist??

yesto question sadhai bhari discuss vaye rakhca....eauta ley cha vancha arko ley chaina...discussion chaldai jaancha...

yesto question beyound the imagination type ko ho...yo pani huna sakcha , yo pani huna sakcha bhanera...

Black Knight wrote:
I believe in and fear ghosts and what i think is if ghosts exist then god surely exists. There cannot exist evil without the good one...So i must say i believe in god..

That`s why am saying "beyound the imagination"...that can even be true or not...

but yeah even ecientist have also proved that "spirits" really exists.

17Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Tue May 06, 2008 2:53 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

anaRCHy wrote:Do you believe god? why do you believe? if not , why don`t you?does really god exist??

yesto question sadhai bhari discuss vaye rakhca....eauta ley cha vancha arko ley chaina...discussion chaldai jaancha...

yesto question beyound the imagination type ko ho...yo pani huna sakcha , yo pani huna sakcha bhanera...

Black Knight wrote:

That`s why am saying "beyound the imagination"...that can even be true or not...

but yeah even ecientist have also proved that "spirits" really exists.

yeah , the discussion is endless...have the scientist proved that "spirit" really exists???

18Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Wed May 07, 2008 1:33 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Do not rely on science either, Evening.

19Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Thu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Do not rely on science either, Evening.

well, why do you say so broda??

20Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Fri May 16, 2008 6:13 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people".

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.

The German-language letter is being sold Thursday by Bloomsbury Auctions in Mayfair after being in a private collection for more than 50 years, said the auction house's managing director Rupert Powell.

In it, the renowned scientist, who declined an invitation to become Israel's second president, rejected the idea that the Jews are God's chosen people.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions," he said.

"And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people."

And he added: "As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

Previously the great scientist's comments on religion -- such as "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" -- have been the subject of much debate, used notably to back up arguments in favour of faith.

Powell said the letter being sold this week gave a clear reflection of Einstein's real thoughts on the subject. "He's fairly unequivocal as to what he's saying. There's no beating about the bush," he told AFP.

Date: 14 May, 2008

21Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat May 17, 2008 11:58 am

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

Black Knight wrote:I believe in and fear ghosts and what i think is if ghosts exist then god surely exists. There cannot exist evil without the good one...So i must say i believe in god..

hey ur rite man .....
that is the cause and there is possibility of god. so i believe in god and his grandeur..

22Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat May 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Prabesh

welll, I am not sure whether the god exists or not...Haven't given any thought to the question till date...

23Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Prabesh wrote:welll, I am not sure whether the god exists or not...Haven't given any thought to the question till date...

so we have an agnostic person here Question

24Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sun May 18, 2008 2:16 am

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

i dont believe in a supreme being or race up in the sky. how ever i do believe in the supernatural. not magic but only in the sense that there probably are forces in the universe that are beyond the human realm of understanding. We may be intelligent compared to other animals but we are not all-intelliegent. so supernatural makes sense to me. that's why i do believe in faith.
i think nihillism is the worst ideology. too depresing and lacks morals. i'd rather blindly believe in the supreme being theory.

25Did the gods really exist? Empty Re: Did the gods really exist? Sun May 18, 2008 8:10 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:i dont believe in a supreme being or race up in the sky. how ever i do believe in the supernatural. not magic but only in the sense that there probably are forces in the universe that are beyond the human realm of understanding. We may be intelligent compared to other animals but we are not all-intelliegent. so supernatural makes sense to me. that's why i do believe in faith.
i think nihillism is the worst ideology. too depresing and lacks morals. i'd rather blindly believe in the supreme being theory.

well, nihilism is not that bad in my view. It addresses the truths of our existence though hard to digest , they are quite true. I personally would rather believe in nihilism than some supreme being. Once a person fully understands nihilism , he/she is rarely going to be disappointed in life I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next