The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

why not to legalize euthansia in nepal?

+6
COFilth
deepesh
nbt
InViSible Wolf
eveningpolestar
sabina
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1why not to legalize euthansia in nepal? Empty why not to legalize euthansia in nepal? Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:13 pm

sabina

It's ur life. and it's only you who can decide for ur life.so,if one wishes to end his/her life , what is the matter with anybody else?if u r not in favour of euthansia, plz go and visit the palliative wing of bhaktapur cancer hospital ,then u will see what a difficult life people are living?so let's not interfere their rights to die with dignity.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I would be surprised if any of our policy makers knew what "Euthanasia" is...all the same i completely agree to your point that every person has a right to die with dignity...

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

Great topic
but i think normally manche haru lai euthansia ko meaning nai tha nahola so ,
i think u will not mind me posting the meaning

Euthanasia: the intentional killing by act or omission of a dependent human being for his or her alleged benefit. (The key word here is "intentional". If death is not intended, it is not an act of euthanasia)

Voluntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed has requested to be killed.

Non-voluntary: When the person who is killed made no request and gave no consent.

Involuntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed made an expressed wish to the contrary.

Assisted suicide: Someone provides an individual with the information, guidance, and means to take his or her own life with the intention that they will be used for this purpose. When it is a doctor who helps another person to kill themselves it is called "physician assisted suicide."

Euthanasia By Action: Intentionally causing a person's death by performing an action such as by giving a lethal injection.

Euthanasia By Omission: Intentionally causing death by not providing necessary and ordinary (usual and customary) care or food and water

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I recently read a book called "The Right To Die" ...It provides a great insight to euthanasia and right to die....I wiuld highly recommend the book to anyone interested in euthanasia....

"Letting people die isn't devalueing life , but is taking death as less terrifying"

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

nbt

hmmmm..

gotta find that book!!

well.. i believe we do have a right to end our life!!!

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

great topic. havent really thought about it before. didnt even know what euthanasia meant so thank you IW .
from what i understood euthanasia isnt any different from suicide. and i dont believe suicide is a good option for anyone coz no one really want to die. letting someone die to even to avoid pain is murder and simply inhumane.

COFilth

COFilth

Death has its own rule so there should not be another parallel rule.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

If the condition of the patient is really poor and he has no hope to live medically, then it's his choice to decide. But suicide is also a kind of self perishing activity why there is strong law for one attempting to suicide?
We have to see the good reason behind it.

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I have talked to so many medical students about euthanasia and I found no body knows about it. One of the student says, "you are talking about anesthesia- its anesthesia not euthanasia", moreover he was explaining me about different types of anesthesia. So, Even current medial student don't know about it. What a shame!!!

Euthanasia is not a big issue. It is better to kill a mosquito rather than taking off his wings and legs off and let it die after an hour or a day. I think if anyone wants to get rid of extreme pains and suffering he should have a right to get rid of that. And if he don't gets such chance then it will be a toucher for him.

Unfathom

Unfathom

I believe that more than killing a person, saving their life is important. Well, I think the concept of "euthanasia" is still far beyond from the Nepalese. It's concept is still not so developed in foreign countries because of the risk of negative advantage that may take by the people.

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

Unfathom wrote:I believe that more than killing a person, saving their life is important. Well, I think the concept of "euthanasia" is still far beyond from the Nepalese. It's concept is still not so developed in foreign countries because of the risk of negative advantage that may take by the people.

What do you think: if there is population increase, and creates a problem like traffic jam and lack of water supply. What do you think the problem is- large population or lack of water and lack of broader roads?? What do u choose, making new roads and pipe line or kill the peoples??
Similarly in this case, I think the problem is negative advantage not the euthanasia itself. So, we should think of the techniques which will help to minimize or stop negative advantages.

george

well, the question is who decides to implement euthanasia upon whom ? And on what ground other decides that euthanasia should be implemented ?

who are we to decide upon someones's life ? what right do we have as goverment, police, army doctor, nurse, parents etc ?

i believe these are more stronger issue that legalising euthanasia. we have traditional and samanic euthanasia in practice. if we dont apply on human then we apply on animal symbolising human.

why are we ignoring such facts ? are we ignorance and moving towards American / European values ?

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

george wrote:well, the question is who decides to implement euthanasia upon whom ? And on what ground other decides that euthanasia should be implemented ?

who are we to decide upon someones's life ? what right do we have as goverment, police, army doctor, nurse, parents etc ?

i believe these are more stronger issue that legalising euthanasia. we have traditional and samanic euthanasia in practice. if we dont apply on human then we apply on animal symbolising human.

why are we ignoring such facts ? are we ignorance and moving towards American / European values ?

I exactly didn't get you, could you plz clarify?? specially traditions and animal symbolizing humans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum