The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should prostitution be legalized in Nepal?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

What do you think should prostitution be legalized or banned in Nepal's context? And why do you think so?

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

well its already happening all around us. there are already thousands of people who earn a steady living through prostitution just in the valley. So i dont think it will make much of a difference if it is legallised.
but its a case of "who will tie the bell on the cat??" question. No leader wants to say they are thinking of legalising prostitution to the conservative population of nepal.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:well its already happening all around us. there are already thousands of people who earn a steady living through prostitution just in the valley. So i dont think it will make much of a difference if it is legallised.
but its a case of "who will tie the bell on the cat??" question. No leader wants to say they are thinking of legalising prostitution to the conservative population of nepal.

since it is happening all around us maybe the government could legalize it and impose some taxes ir sth like that...It wud b easier for the sex workers if prostitution was legal...It wud also prevent corruption in Police as well Exclamation

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Let the policy of legalising the prostitution be commenced.
So that the hell would tranform into the usual practice that are in the world.
I strongly recommend in legalising the prostitution.

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

deepesh wrote:well its already happening all around us. there are already thousands of people who earn a steady living through prostitution just in the valley. So i dont think it will make much of a difference if it is legallised.

a really nice way of saying it. Am quite impressed with your opinion.

But. as Evening rightly put it, it would put down corruption... but again... I believe there should be a certain zone designated as a "Prostitution Allowed Area"... some locality with all those X-rated stuff.... and every other place should be clean.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

So which areas are u suggesting red areas.?

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Maybe a new location. Maybe a pre-existing one... I don't know. It needs a planning. A consensus among everybody concerned.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Legalizing prostitution might have some adverse effects. Could anyone suggest those effects so that we could find a way out in legalizing prostitution?

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

Reference to,"Prostitution Allowed Area": I think the ares depends upon the market. Generally tourist can be a good market for the prostitution, till now the market seems Thamel, Nagarkot, Pokhara, and near Busparks. I think the legalization in limited areas may not be a good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum