The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

The last movie/documantary you watched!

+12
sunayna
cheparo
Razor Blade
blazeofglory
deepesh
Prabesh
devil
richa
Black Knight
kshitiz
mingma
eveningpolestar
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

1The last movie/documantary you watched! - Page 3 Empty The last movie/documantary you watched! Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

First topic message reminder :

Lets discuss about the last movie/documentary you watched. Please Give your view about the movie and a rating of the movie on a scale of 10.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

sunayna

sunayna
General Debator
General Debator

the last movie i watched was "the pursuit of happyness"

very inspiring movie..

Rating: 9 out of 10

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Hurray |I finally found "The Shawshank Redemption"

Widely acclaimed by the critics and audiences alike the greatest movie of all time, i searched this movie for a long time and now i have watched this movie I can say it didn't disappoint me. A perfect movie. A simple story presented in such a sublime way that you feel like drinking a glass of water. Andy Drufense is a marvellous character and so is Red. Andy is a character that we find among ourselves, reserved, keeping to themselves seeming like obnoxious but with a strong determination. I was pretty much inspired from this character....19 years!!! he waits for 19 years and gets his redemption...what a undying spirit....the way Red finds his redemption is beautiful......"Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free"

Rating 10 /10. (Among my most favourite movies but i am not sure if its the number 1)

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

then i watched "There will be blood"

A very good movie that portrays capitalistic and intricate character "Daniel Plainview and his rise as a oil tycoon. Good movie !!

Rating 9 out of 10

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

just watched "Men in Black"

Good movie if not taken seriously..hehehe

Rating: 6.5/10

55The last movie/documantary you watched! - Page 3 Empty Re: The last movie/documantary you watched! Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:12 pm

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

bees.....its cute and makes u aware of the importance of natural harmony and ecological balance in nature and i simply love the cute bees talkin.............and their tees and they don't wear pants

sunayna

sunayna
General Debator
General Debator

NANKING- japanese invasion over china's then capital Nanking during 2nd world war...a never told story of pain, agony of chinese people when they were ruled by japanese and how few foreigners who were there at the war period saved thousands of life...

one thing i can surely say people esp gals with light heart (like me) dont watch this movie..it touches the rape cases very closely and shows how women always becomes victim of any war or conflict

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Just watched the 1987 oscar winner "The Last Emperor"

It is a biopic about Pu Yi the last emperor of the forbidden city of China. It depicts the culture and rituals of emperors of Pre- Republic china, the arrival of Republic China , attack of the Japanese and the arrival of People's Republic of China with Pu Yi as the central character. It is a story of the last emperor and his journey from the position of an emperor to the ordinary citizen of a communist regime. I watched the director's cut edition of the movie and hence was very long about 3 and a half hours but it is interesting nonetheless. A oriental classic.

Rating 10/10

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

"Fashion"
errrrrrrrrr
just dun like it.......

cause while watching the movie i felt that i had already seen it.....

Rating 3/10

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Dostana

very entertaining movie...pretty romantic ideas as well...but don't take the movie seriously...hehehe...

Rating: 7/10

Mirrors

Great computer effects....i was horrified to while watching the scene of the first guard being killed andthe scene of the girl being killed at the bath tub was even more horriying....Despite of great effcts the plot is very weak..same formula of hollywood horror movies....but i liked the twist at the end...

Rating:5.5/10

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

painted skin

thik thikai chha!!

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Memento
I had heard a lot about this movie and after watching it i should say it lives upto its hype. As in the cover of the DVD, to call this movie an intricate thriller would be an understatement. One of the greatest thrillers and one of the most confusing movie.Kudos to Christopher Nolan for this great movie. While watching this movie you have to be very concentrated or you might easily miss the point of the movie. Highly Recommended for thriller lovers!

Rating; 10/10

Atonement
A great movie made out of a great book. Based on the widely acclaimed novel of the same name Ian MacEwan, the movie does justice to the book. I loved the cinematography and the performance of Kiera Knightley the most. Highly Recommend !!

Rating: 9 /10

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

unforgiven(clint eastwood), i picked this movie because it was directed by eastwood, it was good moment to watch this eastwood's movie, again the psyche of the character of unforgiven son in law played by eastwood....don't miss it

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

unforgiven
Found the movie overrated...

richa

richa

last time i had watched a film "Not Without My Daughter". it basically focuses on the cold war between Iran and USA, the low status of women in Muslim countries, mother-daughter love and difficulty in adjustment amidst cultural differences.
a woman living a perfectly wonderful life in USA with an Iranian Husband was pretended to go on a holiday to Iran by her husband and she was shocked when she ralised that she had to spend her rest of the life with muslim culture in Iran. she tried to resist but the Iranian law was unfavourable for woman. she had to take Quoran classes and was forced to cover her face all the time and was even the victim of domestic violence. she could leave but only without her daughter. after many struggles, she fled from Iran with her daughter, leaving her husband. she took refuge in the US embassy and was able to go back to USA.
it was a true story

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Schindler's List

My most favourite movie ever. Despite the high volume (about 3000) movies made about the holocaust, it stands out. A movie of awesome power and emotional impact.

Many movies come out each year and we applaud them for their screen play, originality and whatever else we can say about a movie. But only once in a long while does one come out and you say all those nice things, but one you will also never forget. This movie is more than just something for us to watch for 3 hours and 17 minutes, it is something for us to never forget, to teach us a lesson and to remember those who died needlessly along with those who tried to help those same people survive.

Rating: of course 10/10

Taxi Driver
Another movie i watched during my hunt for classic movies was taxi driver. It's a undisputable fact that scorsese is the best director around when it comes to movies about gangsters and urban voilence. Taxi driver is a movie about urban alienation and the existentialist approach to life in an indifferent universe. Every city has lots of nobodies who want to be somebody and few really achieve it. Loved the movie.

Rating: 10/10

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Alive

Good movie! Human spirit can never be defeated!!! A tribute to human spirit!

Rating: 7 / 10

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:unforgiven
Found the movie overrated...
Dont take me other wise but i think you dont like clint eastwood style of movie making......any way our taste are unique and one neednot have to agree completely.......I saw "the english patient" and "the cold mountain", made by same director a slowly gripping movie both based on love and the havoc of war

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

the valley of flowers(milind soman, nasiruddin shah)........i will not call this a good movie but it hold my attention throughout its length..........it is trying to explain some fundamental themes of buddhism and i appreciate the style of expression......karma, reincarnation and desire, if you know something about this three words in perspective of buddhism than i think this movie is for you to enjoy......I love one line from this movie"THE ONE WHO CHANGES CONFLICT TO COLLABERATION IS THE BUDDHA"

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Billu Barber

I had no intentions of watching this movie! Every single hour with electricity has become precious and utterly important for me to fulfill my wish of watching all the Top 250 movies of imdb and American Film Institute's top 100 movies. But when I was offered a chance to watch , I couldn't deny it. And I do not regret much for watching it.

I am not a great fan of priyadarshan. I find his movies average and in some cases below average. well, Hera Pheri was an excellent movie and Hungama was also a good one but they are the exceptions.Billu couldn't be one, though!

What could have been an excellent story is brought down by poor writing and Priyadarshan's lousy direction. The character of Billu is an interesting one and a promising one but the horrible item numbers, very predictable and melodramatic ending, very very lousy direction, unnecessary scenes of SRK's ego trip. Regarding the acting, SRK plays himself, nothing new here. Lara Dutt is decent. Rajpal Yadav and Om Puri are terrible, a usual thing in priyadarshan films. It's Irfan Khan who steals the show. He manages to rises above the poorness of the movie and is a reason to watch Billu. Hats off to Irfan Khan for his great acting which makes the poor Barber Billu come out alive in the screen!

In a nutshell, Billu is an enjoyable movie (provided you watch it with an open mind) , transformed to mediocrity from badness by the brilliant performance by Irfan Khan.

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:Billu Barber

I had no intentions of watching this movie! Every single hour with electricity has become precious and utterly important for me to fulfill my wish of watching all the Top 250 movies of imdb and American Film Institute's top 100 movies. But when I was offered a chance to watch , I couldn't deny it. And I do not regret much for watching it.

I am not a great fan of priyadarshan. I find his movies average and in some cases below average. well, Hera Pheri was an excellent movie and Hungama was also a good one but they are the exceptions.Billu couldn't be one, though!

What could have been an excellent story is brought down by poor writing and Priyadarshan's lousy direction. The character of Billu is an interesting one and a promising one but the horrible item numbers, very predictable and melodramatic ending, very very lousy direction, unnecessary scenes of SRK's ego trip. Regarding the acting, SRK plays himself, nothing new here. Lara Dutt is decent. Rajpal Yadav and Om Puri are terrible, a usual thing in priyadarshan films. It's Irfan Khan who steals the show. He manages to rises above the poorness of the movie and is a reason to watch Billu. Hats off to Irfan Khan for his great acting which makes the poor Barber Billu come out alive in the screen!

In a nutshell, Billu is an enjoyable movie (provided you watch it with an open mind) , transformed to mediocrity from badness by the brilliant performance by Irfan Khan.
well i have not watched this movie and one and only reason is shahrukh khan.........I never liked his movie with few exception like maya memsaab and devdas, but i admire priyadarshan as one of the finest film maker in india( sorry in this context i may not agree with you evening...)long back when i was small kid and used to watch movie i dont know why i was so moved by movies of priyadarshan.......i will recommend four film of priyadarshan sajaa e kaalapani, muskurahat, gardish, virasat....... priyadarshan good movies were not approved that much in box office and he started making comedy movies, compromising his talent in movie making(entirely my personal opinion)

nikhilesh

nikhilesh

u know what ihve been busy watching movies!! I watched letters from iowo jima which was interesting take on WWII, an reverse angle from what global audience are used to seeing, u know the Americana perspectiveand different from that were hilarious movies Pinneapple Express & The Rocker.

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

Taxi driver.......this is sixth movie of martin scoresese that i have watched the hype of martin as a good film maker made me see this one also, goodfellas,departed,aviator,kundun,ranging bull were other .....well,again i questioned why martin is considered so accomplished film maker....... I only liked one thing in movie Robert de neiro my fav. actor

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

taxi driver is such a great movie!!

The way it deals with the existentialist issues and the gradual breakdown of an individual's psychology depicted is superb!!!

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

Ya movie may come up with a great theme,but you may not like the way it is portrayed in the movie screen , I think that might have happened to me while watching taxidriver

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Pirates of the silicon valley

I watched this documentary while screening it at a program about entrepreneurship. Being avid fan of information technology and internet, and entrepreneurship and a guy with dreams of changing the world, it was a feast for me. The documentary is an interesting look on how two of the most prominent personalities of IT industry Bill Gates of Microsoft and Steve Jobs of Apple Computers,started their ventures from basements and used their unique personalities to grow their businesses into empires and dominate the computer world. I was delighted to know the kind of businessmen they are today compared to how they began.

Besides this, the documentary also manages to capture the developments in computer industry which determined the nature of modern computing. Ignorance and lack of far sighted vision of Xerox and Hewlett-Packard, Steve Job's artistic vision and personality, Bill Gates ruthless business practices, innovative computer scientists are some of the most important things that shaped the computer industry and the documentary presents them well.

The documentary isn't very kind to its subjects, Bill Gates is portrayed as a ruthless,sociopath who is determined to destroy every enemy that comes into his way. Steve Jobs is shown as a visionary but at the same time a slave driver and a cruel person ( as he refuses to accept the young girl as his daughter). I think it adds to the neutrality of the documentary.

To talk about the negative aspects , the documentary is boring at times and historically inaccurate in some places.

Overall, a good watch for people with inclinations towards IT industry and for those who dream of changing the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum