The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedom is not free.Is it?

+3
badcat
eveningpolestar
Razor Blade
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Freedom is not free.Is it? Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

I was very impressed by the quote. Even the peace doesnot come without the blood of hundreds of cadre.
I don't know what the other people had in the mind about the topic howsoever it moved me a lot.

2Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:24 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I was also pretty much impressed when I first heard this quote. I guess I first heard it as the name of Shiv Khera's book. Usually people take the freedom they are enjoying for granted. And I find this trend ubiquitious among today's youngsters. I think the quote suggests us that freedom shouldn't be taken for granted, it has to be earned ...by every person by every generation....How do you think freedom can be earned? For you does the quote mean that freedom costs lives or freedom has to be earned by being responsible for your actions???

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

3Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:09 pm

badcat

After i saw the documentary Freedom is not Free, one question stroke in my mind. Are we really free? What kind of freedom are we getting? Iwant to ask a question to all of you can't we get freedom without dropping spilling bloods? Does violence is necessary for freedom? Don't we have any alternative way to be free?

4Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:49 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I believe.... no political freedom can give u total freedom... dont call me spiritual or anything... but freedom is what we describe ... of the mind and of the self... no political system can properly define freedom.

5Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:24 pm

nbt

hmmm

yea i agree wid u.. blazeofglory!!

6Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Wed May 14, 2008 12:38 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

[b]Yeah i agree freedom really is not free because only thinkkiing abt your personal freedom dose not work u have to respect others freedom aswell and it's full of obligation towards evethin.

so freedom is not free. Ur freedom comes with a price. Obligations...................[/b]

7Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Mon May 19, 2008 7:40 pm

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

Freedom is not free the word freedom itself is the chain

8Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

InViSible Wolf wrote:Freedom is not free the word freedom itself is the chain

hmmm.how is that??

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

9Freedom is not free.Is it? Empty Re: Freedom is not free.Is it? Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

If the word freedom is not freedom then can we call it bargdom(bargain+freedom don't discuss on sentence structure) or can we call it give and take ideology?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum