The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Way to smash hidden ego in us

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Way to smash hidden ego in us Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 am

dattaswami

dattaswami
General Debator
General Debator

Way to smash hidden ego in us

The soul develops ego during its lifetime by helping other souls. The ego is the most dangerous snake that enters the self without your notice. The ego hides itself in the subconscious state of mind and you will be feeling that you are not at all egoistic.

It is like a first stage of cancer, which is generally not noticed. Such hidden ego is smashed when you kneel before God on your fore legs and beg for the basic necessities. The saint practices this through begging the houses for food so that the concept of donor shall vanish away. God alone is the ultimate donor.

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace

2Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Re: Way to smash hidden ego in us Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 pm

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

Mr. dattaswami may I ask what is the constituent of this so called ego?

3Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Ego and jealosy Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 am

dattaswami

dattaswami
General Debator
General Debator

kshitiz wrote:Mr. dattaswami may I ask what is the constituent of this so called ego?

In the spiritual field the only two impurities, which are the two layers that cover our two eyes are egoism and jealousy. Nobody is exceptional in these two impurities. Sadhana is only the eye operation to remove these two layers from our two eyes. Then only one can accept the existence of God and finally accept the existence of God in Human incarnation. When two eyes are completely covered by these two layers, one does not accept even in the existence of God.

If the two layers are partially operated, the human being accepts the existence of God but not the human incarnation. When these two layers are completely removed, the devotee recognizes the human incarnation like Hanuman recognizing Rama. Because of these two layers many people did not recognize the human incarnations. Some recognized and respected but did not worship. A few recognized and also worshipped. Sometimes the human incarnation was also killed due to the intensity of these two layers as in the case of Lord Jesus. Lord Mohammed also had to fight with people constantly because He tried to unite the various sub-religions in Islam. Sankara was killed by black magic because He condemned all the sub-religions and united them. Swami Dayananda tried to bring out the real heart of Vedas and was killed by food poisoning. Therefore, we must carefully watch the various effects of these two layers present within us before we analyze the object. The subjective analysis is very important before the objective analysis. Sankara told that unless the mind is purified from these impurities (Chitta Suddhi), recognition of God and recognition of Human Incarnation finally (Jnana Yoga) is not possible.

When the jealousy and egoism are completely eradicated and the mind is completely purified (Chitta Suddhi), Sankara says that such a student is eligible for ‘Brahma Jnana Yoga’, which is university level. At this final stage the student recognises and accepts the human form of Lord. The student worships the limited human form and also gets all his or her doubts clarified. This facility of living nature is not available in formless God or statue. But unless the egoism and jealousy are completely removed this final stage is not at all possible. The student after doing P.G. course at University level goes to higher levels like Ph.D or post-doctoral level. In this last stage a student is fixed on the concept of monoism or advaita.

In this stage the student believes that the human body of the Lord and the Lord are one and the same like the electric wire and the electricity. In this stage whatever the human incarnation says is Veda and whatever the human incarnation does is Dharma. The student will not search Vedas or Dharma Sastras to verify what the Lord said is in Veda or not or what the Lord did is Dharma or not? Hanuman and Gopikas were students of such research level. Dharma Raja was a P.G. Student only.

When the Lord ordered him to tell a lie in the war Dharma Raja verified the Lord’s word in Dharma Sastra and refused to tell the lie.

4Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Re: Way to smash hidden ego in us Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:10 pm

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

Agreed....ok egoism and jealousy.......of need to smash ego through sadhanaa......I still have the same question what makes this ego , what is the origin of ego? please dont furnish me with the word like maya and all those things, can the constituent of ego be known or understood? If the constituent of ego and jealousy is not understood how can we work on it?

5Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Source of I Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 am

dattaswami

dattaswami
General Debator
General Debator

kshitiz wrote:Agreed....ok egoism and jealousy.......of need to smash ego through sadhanaa......I still have the same question what makes this ego , what is the origin of ego? please dont furnish me with the word like maya and all those things, can the constituent of ego be known or understood? If the constituent of ego and jealousy is not understood how can we work on it?

In the olden days the science was not developed and the subject of physiology in medical science was not existing in which neurology is a chapter. ‘I’ is just a feeling as good as any other feeling. All the feelings including ‘I’ constitute the subtle body which is a bundle of feelings or information. In deep sleep all these feelings are stored in a chip called as chittam. The awareness - current is absent in the computer. The information is exhibited only when the computer is associated with current. In deep sleep the current (awareness) is absent because the nervous system or battery is not functioning.

The state of meditation is a functioning battery associated with current but the computer is not connected and therefore the information is not exhibited. In death the battery is not functioning permanently and the current is not produced. The information chip (jeeva) also left the computer after the death. Now the computer is just the dead gross body without the chip and without the supply of current. When the person awakes from the deep sleep the battery is supplying the current and the information is connected so that all the information is exhibited. It is not necessary that everybody feels that he slept well. This feeling is generalized to every human being and therefore it is concluded that as soon as one awakes from the deep sleep the ‘I’ is rising up in the first instance. This imagines the false inference of the existence of the ‘I’ during deep sleep. You must note that several people remember very important information other than “I slept well”, as soon as they awake from the deep sleep

. If a human being goes into deep sleep after suffering a tragedy, as soon as the human being awakes from the deep sleep, it immediately remembers the tragedy only and not the feeling of happiness after the deep sleep. Even during the awakened state, the feeling of ‘I’ does not continuously exist while feeling or discussing several aspects. Even in the awakened state there is no continuous existence of the feeling of ‘I’. What is the use of your unnecessary effort of establishing the continuous existence of ‘I’ in the deep sleep through the inference? In the awakened state everything is established by direct experience and even in such a state the feeling of ‘I’ does not exist continuously. You are trying to establish the continuous existence of ‘I’ in deep sleep through inference in which direct experience is absent! In fact the feeling of ‘I’ and the strong feelings are recorded in the chip (chittam) during the deep sleep but during this state the awareness is absent. During this state of deep sleep the basis of ‘I’ and other strong feelings is only inert energy and not awareness. Hence, the source of the ‘I’ and other strong feelings is only the chip (chittam) in which the information is permanently recorded. The association of current with the chip is not permanent and therefore the source of ‘I’ is the chip (inert energy) and not the awareness (self) or current. However, if you consider the inert energy as the basic form of awareness, you can hold on the policy of constancy of self or awareness. If you limit the self as awareness only, the self is born daily and dies daily (Athachainam nityajatam… Gita). But if you consider the self as the basic inert energy also, the constancy of self can be accepted because the basic primary inert energy (mula maya) is eternal (Ajo nityah… Gita).

If you take the self as awareness only the constancy of self is lost. If you take the self as permanent awareness, the permanency is lost. You cannot have self as permanent awareness because in deep sleep the awareness is disappearing due to which only the state of deep sleep is full of ignorance. Either you have to sacrifice the single constant nature (awareness) of the self or permanency of the self. Since you are fixing the nature of the self as awareness, you cannot establish the existence of the same nature in deep sleep through inference. In the absence of this knowledge of neurology in the olden days, our ancestors should not be blamed as blind conservative believers. They tried their level best and made the hypothesis of the existence of the self in deep sleep also through inference. They were correct in their hypothesis because the self exists in the deep sleep also with a different nature, which is inertness and not awareness. They could succeed partially in imagining the constancy of the self in deep sleep and they failed only in finding out the alternative nature of the self, which is inertness. In absence of science they were unable to know the inter conversion of inert energy and awareness which was not their fault.

If the same ancestors exist today they will certainly appreciate the truth and modify their concept with open mind. Today you must be blamed as blind because even though the science has analyzed the whole concept, you are not accepting it due to your closed conservative blind mind clinging rigidly to their hypothesis, which was made in the absence of the science. The inter conversions of inert energy into awareness is well established by science because the oxygen supplied by the functioning respiratory system oxidizes the food digested by the digestive system and the oxidation reaction of the food releases the inert energy. This inert energy associated with the functioning nervous system releases awareness, which is a special work form of inert energy itself. This awareness-current associated with the chip of information stored in the functioning brain exhibits the experience of the past important information and also gives the experience of the events grasped from the external world.

The advaita philosophy based on the investigations of the advaita philosophers is only a partial development of neurology which is a part of medical science and this cannot be called as spiritual knowledge because the unimaginable God is not at all touched anywhere.

Even the concepts of the self were not completely established by them (which are now completely established by the present neurology) and such self is misunderstood as God, which in fact is not as clearly established by the present neurology. Therefore they have not touched even the boundaries of spiritual knowledge, because spiritual knowledge means the subject related to God.

6Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Re: Way to smash hidden ego in us Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 pm

kshitiz

General Debator
General Debator

well you wrote "the source of the ‘I’ and other strong feelings is only the chip (chittam) in which the information is permanently recorded"......well neurology says that information is recorded in synapses in brain( when functional anatomy is consodered), science still is confused about the exact location of mind, now how that information is consolidated to form entity called "I", what happens to that I after death.... If I have understood you, the energy by food and oxygen is there for physiologic function....I is more a psychologic phenomena....I am still asking "what builds this I?", than we can proceed further about the way to smash I, when disease is diagnosed the remedy is easy I presume......or you will land up giving antibiotics to cure the fever due to malignancy.....fever is there in both case

7Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Re: Way to smash hidden ego in us Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 am

dattaswami

dattaswami
General Debator
General Debator

kshitiz wrote: we........there in both case

When the same chittam or inert energy flows in the nervous system, the same chittam is called as nervous energy or awareness. Thus, basically there is no difference between the awareness and inert energy.

[The human subtle or inner instrument, which is generally called mind, contains four faculties or
Antahkaranas:

• Manas—the thinking or fluctuating faculty; also called as mind

• Buddhi—the intelligence or deciding faculty

• Ahankara—the ego

• Chittam—the storage faculty.]

The same inert energy, when it flows in a superior part of the brain in doing decisions is called as intelligence (buddhi). The same inert energy, when it flows through the nervous system becomes aware of itself is called as egoism (Ahankara). The same inert energy flowing in the nervous system, aware of other objects or other information is called as mind (Manas). The mind, intelligence and egoism can be treated as awareness or nervous energy because in these three faculties the awareness of other objects (as in the case of mind and intelligence) or the awareness of itself (as in the case of egoism) exists. But in the case of the faculty of chittam, the state of inert energy, awareness does not exist. Therefore, you are not aware of the information stored by chittam.

Whenever, a particular part of the information is required by the other three faculties, that part of information is supplied by chittam to these three faculties. Such supply of part of information is called as memory (Smranam). When the part of information is supplied by chittam, the part of information is transferred from the inert energy to the awareness or nervous energy. Once the part of information is caught by the awareness, the part of information is memorised. Here you have to carefully analyse the concept. The points in this concept are:

1) A part of information is stored in the inert energy as a pulse and during the time of storage the part of information is not remembered because the energy that stores the part of information is only the inert energy [Chittam] and not awareness.

2) When the part of information is stored in the inert energy, you are not aware of the information either in the deep sleep or in the waking state.

3) When you are recollecting that information, the awareness is bringing it out from the tank of inert energy called as Chittam.

4) While bringing that information, the awareness not only carries it but also stores the information in itself for sometime and during this time the awareness can also be treated as secondary store of information and can be called as Chittam temporarily.

These points give you the conclusion that chittam, which is the storing energy (like a capacitor) is in the form of inert energy permanently as well as awareness temporarily. During deep sleep, the chittam is no doubt inert energy only. But even during the waking state, when you are not recollecting the information, the information lies in the inert energy alone. Therefore, the inert energy-form of chittam is constant during deep sleep as well as during the waking state. The hard drive [with the information stored in it] in the computer is always present whether the computer is working or not. But during the waking state, at the time of recollecting the information, the awareness also acts like a temporary memory storage (RAM), while registering the information on the screen. During this time the awareness can be also called as chittam. Therefore, the characteristic of chittam is storage, whether the chittam is in the form of inert energy or awareness. The awareness-form of chittam is temporary as it is limited to the waking state or dream state. In the state of meditation there is no question of storage of information by awareness because the awareness is not aware of any other thing but is aware only of itself.

It is stated that the chittam has another function apart from storage (Smaranam). The other function is receiving the information (Samjnanam). As the awareness (chittam) receives the information from the tank of inert energy containing all the information it also receives information from the external world. Thus, the awareness working to receive information from the internal store of inert energy or from external world is called chittam.

8Way to smash hidden ego in us Empty Re: Way to smash hidden ego in us Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:43 am

dattaswami

dattaswami
General Debator
General Debator

kshitiz wrote:Agreed....ok egoism and jealousy.......of need to smash ego through sadhanaa......I still have the same question what makes this ego , what is the origin of ego? please dont furnish me with the word like maya and all those things, can the constituent of ego be known or understood? If the constituent of ego and jealousy is not understood how can we work on it?

Consciousness means awareness. Awareness is nothing but a specific work form of inert energy, which is transport of information from senses to brain through neuron cells. This transport is work only. Work is a form of inert energy only. Therefore, the work is also inert. Even the specific work is inert because the image fallen on the eye, the lens of the eye, the light rays bringing the image, the neuron cells which are just specific chemicals, the force of movement of the cells and finally the brain, which is also a chemical fluid receiving the image – all these are inert, inert and inert only. You have called this specific work by a new name ‘awareness’, which is actually and really inert only. Therefore, the soul and the body are purely inert and are functioning under the controlling power of God only. All the Creation from top to bottom is inert only and the soul is a fine part of the creation called as Para Prakriti by Gita. If there is any non-inert item, it is just the God only.

Veda says that God is the controller of the entire Universe including the souls (Patim Vishvasya Aatmeswaram….). Now tell Me, whether you have captured the non-inert item (God) by capturing the inert consciousness? Consciousness or Awareness is a specific and subtle area of the field of inert energy and inert matter. The capital city is the top most area of the kingdom. It is also in the kingdom only. It is not beyond the kingdom. Similarly, awareness is the top most fine area of the creation, which is a specific work called as consciousness or Awareness. This does not mean that the awareness or consciousness is beyond Creation and hence is God.

The universal consciousness is a wrong word

A radio or T.V. is a specific technical instrument working on the principle of propagation of signals in the medium of continuous Universal Energy. Since the soul or awareness in a human being is also a specific work form of the same inert energy, the continuous medium of universal energy itself can act as the common medium for the specific awareness also. There is no difference between a T.V. and a computer or robot in the sense that all are specific designs of machines made of inert materials or chemicals working with the help of the same inert energy modified into specific forms of those works. Hence, the continuous universal inert energy is the common medium for all these specific machines like T.V., Computer, Robot and human being. The universal consciousness is a wrong word. Consciousness is limited to a human being like the computer technology limited to computer only. There is no universal computer technology spreading all over the universe. The inert energy is spreading all over the universe and is acting as a medium to propagate the signals for computer. Similarly, consciousness or awareness is a limited item in the name of a human being and cannot be universal. The same universal inert energy acts as the medium to propagate a specific variety of signals related to the human beings.

God is not necessary in the field of scientific advance
Difference between unimaginable God and Science

All the creation is based on scientific logic and the techniques adopted in the nature are purely based on the sharpness of your imagination called as Science. You can talk with a person directly near to you. You can also talk to a person situated far from you through a telephone. Both these facilities are created by God only and are left by Him to your control only. God created this logical nature and presented to the self effort of the human being. He left this nature and became beyond this logical nature. Any human being can attain the powers and facilities of this logical nature and God is not necessary in this field of imaginable items. Even an atheist becomes a great scientist and enjoys all these systematic powers of the nature with the help of self efforts, techniques and instruments. This is the field of imagination and Science, which is nothing but an advanced state of sharp intelligence. This is one field.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum