The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management Education

+2
eveningpolestar
Tilak
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management Education Empty Management Education Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 am

Tilak

Management education in nepal its foundation in commerce education that was started 54 years ago(in 2011BS) in Trichandra cCollege. The commerce education that was started with less than three dozen students now has encompassed the largest mass of students in educational institutions in nepal.In phase of starting the major challenge for the commerce education was its low popularity,currently the major challengeis it's over popularity. How to mannage students, quality and engage in the market?????????????
That the challanging question for the management student.

2Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Tilak wrote:Management education in nepal its foundation in commerce education that was started 54 years ago(in 2011BS) in Trichandra cCollege. The commerce education that was started with less than three dozen students now has encompassed the largest mass of students in educational institutions in nepal.In phase of starting the major challenge for the commerce education was its low popularity,currently the major challengeis it's over popularity. How to mannage students, quality and engage in the market?????????????
That the challanging question for the management student.

First of all , welcome to the forum Tilak. Thanks for coming!! Hope to see your regularly here.

Being a student of management myself , I find its over popularity very challenging. Besides lack of practical approach in our educational system makes it very difficult for us to sell ourselves in market...what our curriculum developers ought to know is that theory has got nothing to do when it comes to managing a business, entrepreneurship is 100 % practical thing...I think to improve our management education we need to include more practical based activities rather than theory. Our young managers and entrepreneurs need to know how the top global organisations are running and how entrepreneurship changes lives globally.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

3Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:55 pm

COFilth

COFilth

lack of exposure.

4Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

It's about the opportunities that is lacking in the market for management field. Practically practical areas in curriculae are then created when there opportunities in the market. For example BBA students have practical working in Banks. Question is recognition of the subject also matters but how can it be done?

5Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Wed May 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I think the courses in nepal is designed to make students a teacher of that subject. To score good grades in management means you have bi-hatred every things even you have understand the topic or not. So if you have not understand subject properly how can you be a good managers.

So, Way of teaching and the way of examining should changed. I have been studying so many books on Economics. I have participated in many forums regarding it and I have understand all the topic of my course but I am the one who score the lowest in the economics. Teacher says, "Where is that typical word in this answer?" I have answered everything logically but he didn't gave me any marks for that question. So this is the trend or system in Nepal So this type of examining and teaching system need to be changed.

6Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Unfathom

Unfathom

I believe, management is all about how you can see and understand the complexities around you and whether you can make a difference by manipulating your capabilities through toughest of the environment. Like my friends said here that there is a need of practical education, I believe, it can only be developed if our curriculum is updated and the management sector understands the importance of practial education.

7Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Unfathom wrote:I believe, management is all about how you can see and understand the complexities around you and whether you can make a difference by manipulating your capabilities through toughest of the environment. Like my friends said here that there is a need of practical education, I believe, it can only be developed if our curriculum is updated and the management sector understands the importance of practial education.

any ideas on how to add practicality in the management education system of Nepal? and by the way don't you think we shouldn;t ignore the cost aspect of making the education more practical? I mean won't it get costly??

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

8Management Education Empty Re: Management Education Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
Unfathom wrote:I believe, management is all about how you can see and understand the complexities around you and whether you can make a difference by manipulating your capabilities through toughest of the environment. Like my friends said here that there is a need of practical education, I believe, it can only be developed if our curriculum is updated and the management sector understands the importance of practial education.

any ideas on how to add practicality in the management education system of Nepal? and by the way don't you think we should't ignore the cost aspect of making the education more practical? I mean won't it get costly??

The way to make education more practical just by making him to do the simulated managerial tasks along with the theories and evaluating students more by his managerial skills rather than the theory stuffs. For instance you evaluate a swimmer by his skills of swimming rather by his theroitical knowledge like history of swmming, types of swmming and stuffs... This might be only one way to make education more practical and there might be so many other ways..
And regarding the cost I think the cost added for the practical lessons will be acceptable because, we are paying good sum of tuition fee in college for "almost nothing".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum