The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mind your mind!!!

+6
devil
deepesh
Nabna
Black Knight
HITLER
eveningpolestar
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Mind your mind!!! Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

First topic message reminder :

Lets play another game folks....its the riddlemania...asking and answering riddles...the one who answers right is supposed to ask another riddle.....

Last edited by eveningpolestar on Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

26Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sat May 31, 2008 7:20 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

well. it kinda went over my head...anyway why don't you ask another question??? But make it a bit easire will ya?Laughing

27Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sat May 31, 2008 11:17 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

Here's another question:

What gets whiter the dirtier that it gets?

this is the easy one.... lol! lol!

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

28Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:27 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

Black Knight wrote:Here's another question:

What gets whiter the dirtier that it gets?

this is the easy one.... lol! lol!

ya it's the easy one..
It is a blackboard right.... Very Happy Laughing Laughing cheers cheers

29Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:29 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

I think it's my turn to ask question...
Ok question goes like this.

What letter is next in this sequence?
M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O,__

30Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I don't know why i find all questions so difficult...oooops

31Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Man.... you took 15 minutes of my time to get this one.

M : March
A : April
M : May
J : June
J : July
A : August
S : September
O : October
N : November

VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING TOPIC... Loved the Accountants and the Time (cycling one).. could answer the Accountants but not the cycling.

Let me think up a question... wait

32Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:45 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. aged 1, 2, 3 and 4. From the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages? It was Jane's child's birthday party. Brian is not the oldest child. Sarah had Anne just over a year ago. Laura's child will be 3 next birthday. Daniel is older than Charlie. Teresa's child is the oldest. Charlie is older than Laura's child.

This I got from a list of Puzzle questions I had in my computer.
Try this one.

33Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

hey hey hey
i got the answer..
it made my mind hung....

well i am answering it in the table format....

Mother Child Age
Sarah Anne 1
Laura Brian 2
Jane Charlie 3
Teresa Daniel 4

34Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:04 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

now a question frm my side..
it aint hard man.... i think so...

Albert is a keen dog admirer and over the years has had a number of dogs. He has had an Alsatian, a Dalmatian, a Poodle and a Great Dane, but not necessarily in that order. Albert had Jamie first. The Dalmatian was an adored pet before the Great Dane. Sammy, the Alsatian, was the second dog Albert loved. Whitney was housed before the Poodle and Jimmy was not a Great Dane. Can you tell each of the dogs' name and the order in which Albert had them?

35Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

hey i think
1. a poddle
2. alsatian
3. the dalmation
4. great dane

what do u say .???????
is it correct>>>>>>>

36Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:32 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

devil wrote:hey hey hey
i got the answer..
it made my mind hung....

well i am answering it in the table format....

Mother Child Age
Sarah Anne 1
Laura Brian 2
Jane Charlie 3
Teresa Daniel 4

I enjoyed it... it took a long long time to solve... and great.. to have it solved by u Smile

37Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

devil wrote:now a question frm my side..

Albert is a keen dog admirer and over the years has had a number of dogs. He has had an Alsatian, a Dalmatian, a Poodle and a Great Dane, but not necessarily in that order. Albert had Jamie first. The Dalmatian was an adored pet before the Great Dane. Sammy, the Alsatian, was the second dog Albert loved. Whitney was housed before the Poodle and Jimmy was not a Great Dane. Can you tell each of the dogs' name and the order in which Albert had them?
I took about 5-10 minutes but I got this one.

Jamie : Dalmatian 1
Sammy : Alsatian 2
Whitney : Great Dane 3
Jimmy : Poodle 4

38Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Is that correct devil??

39Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:43 pm

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

blazeofglory wrote:
devil wrote:now a question frm my side..

I took about 5-10 minutes but I got this one.

Jamie : Dalmatian 1
Sammy : Alsatian 2
Whitney : Great Dane 3
Jimmy : Poodle 4

hey man u got it....
next question???

40Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:13 am

naran

General Debator
General Debator

No question ? I will ask a question...

There are two trees. A group of birds came and sat in both trees. They are in different numbers in such a way that if one bird from first tree flies to another tree , the number of brids in both tree become equal but if one bird from second tree flies to first tree the number of birds in first tree becomes double of the number of birds in second tree.

So how many birds are there in each tree?

41Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

oh man what a mind boggling question..I used all my wits and algebra and finally got the answer its 7 birds on first tree and 5 birds on second tree

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

42Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:34 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Yeah it is 7 and 5. I think I will put the next question in a while.

43Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

In a poultry farm of a farmer: A hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half. How many hens does the farmer need to produce one dozen eggs in six days?

44Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:47 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

blazeofglory wrote:In a poultry farm of a farmer: A hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half. How many hens does the farmer need to produce one dozen eggs in six days?

such a brain teaser....
but i got it...
the farmer needs 3 hens to produce 12 eggs in 6 days.

45Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:49 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

and a question frm my side

You start walking north and you walk in a straight line for two kilometers. When you look at the map, you discover that you actually walked one kilometer north and one kilometer south. How is this possible?

46Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:10 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I have done a puzzle very much like this...I think the solution is similar. This is only possible if you consider it not actual direction but relative to something. Suppose you are traveling in a car. Your speed can be measured in two ways. One: your actual speed shown by the meter, and another...compared to something moving beside you..called relative speed.

Maybe the answer would be:
You move towards the North Pole of the earth. Then you move on. According to the geographical landscape of the earth, you actually move the remaining one kilometer south.

Actually, a friend here and I together solved this problem the way we think is correct. So if its right I deserve only 50 percent of the credit. Smile

47Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 am

devil

devil
Active Debator
Active Debator

ya u deserved it man... coz its correct...
well hope to post a new question.....

48Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Thanks man... to be frank.. sb had asked me this same problem some time back..maybe a year back. I just recalled. Smile
Yeah a new question coming up!

49Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:31 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

No question yet...mind me asking a question? here it is:

There is a king. He has two sons .He is old and dying so he wants to give his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. His two sons wil have to l ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line last will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither of them willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say?

50Mind your mind!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mind your mind!!! Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:36 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

haha... this one is tough.
these bros both dont want to win. Each wants the other to win. hey i think i found the loophole. tell me... is it the "CAMEL" that decides who wins? i mean... i got this wild guess. that wise man tells them nothing important but exchanges their camels.... and they find out... and they race so that the other's camel wins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum