The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Antimatter and nuclear power

+2
eveningpolestar
blazeofglory
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Antimatter and nuclear power Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:58 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Before I talk about it... i want to know what idea do u folks have on the subject... i have a lot of interest on it... and have read quite a lot..

Has anyone done ISc. or +2 Science or Engineering or BSc. Physics or anything? I want to see how many people are interested in this

2Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Before I talk about it... i want to know what idea do u folks have on the subject... i have a lot of interest on it... and have read quite a lot..

Has anyone done ISc. or +2 Science or Engineering or BSc. Physics or anything? I want to see how many people are interested in this

Being a student of management I have no idea about these things but I am interested to learn and discuss about use of nuclear power...

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

3Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

i'm also a student of management...
but i wanna know abt it ..

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

4Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Wed May 07, 2008 1:25 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Antimatter.

This could be the source of future energy for the world, considering today's dangerous situation (Global Warming)

Antimatter is a source of vast amounts of energy with the following features that I recall:

1. It provides many times more energy than nuclear fission.
2. It doesn't pollute the environment while most (including Nuclear) do.
3. It is 100 percent efficient! (Nuclear is 20 percent)

What you and I see daily is matter. Antimatter is something that exactly balances matter. That is to say, if equal amounts of matter and antimatter are present, they fuse giving rise to huge amounts of energy and form NOTHING. Reverse it. NOTHING AND SOMETHING ... are the same.

Now, they say, there are ANTIMATTER galaxies in the universe too.

Anyway, it is said that our universe was born due to a very small amount of IMBALANCE in the amount of Matter and Antimatter, as small as 1 in a million. This is called the ultimate ASSYMETRY.

5Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Thu May 15, 2008 8:13 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Antimatter.

This could be the source of future energy for the world, considering today's dangerous situation (Global Warming)

Antimatter is a source of vast amounts of energy with the following features that I recall:

1. It provides many times more energy than nuclear fission.
2. It doesn't pollute the environment while most (including Nuclear) do.
3. It is 100 percent efficient! (Nuclear is 20 percent)

What you and I see daily is matter. Antimatter is something that exactly balances matter. That is to say, if equal amounts of matter and antimatter are present, they fuse giving rise to huge amounts of energy and form NOTHING. Reverse it. NOTHING AND SOMETHING ... are the same.

Now, they say, there are ANTIMATTER galaxies in the universe too.

Anyway, it is said that our universe was born due to a very small amount of IMBALANCE in the amount of Matter and Antimatter, as small as 1 in a million. This is called the ultimate ASSYMETRY.

hmmm...interesting. The concept of Antimatter is entirely new for me!! blazeofglory could you please carry on your talkings on the subject.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

6Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Sun May 18, 2008 4:22 am

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

ofcourse antimatter sounds likely for alternate energy when u say it like that. but u forgot to mention that hardly even a gram of anti matter has been sucessfully created so far. so i dont think it will be replacing any energy sources any time soon.
anyways, pretty good post. r u a science student??
u should write about how the universe was created through ultimate assymetry next. Its interesting to read about stuff like these.

7Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Mon May 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Dark Rider

Dark Rider
Active Debator
Active Debator

this topic remorsed me that why i didn't choose science faculty
Sad Sad Sad

8Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Tue May 27, 2008 12:53 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

deepesh wrote:ofcourse antimatter sounds likely for alternate energy when u say it like that. but u forgot to mention that hardly even a gram of anti matter has been sucessfully created so far. so i dont think it will be replacing any energy sources any time soon.
anyways, pretty good post. r u a science student??
u should write about how the universe was created through ultimate assymetry next. Its interesting to read about stuff like these.

Exactly.... and keeping the so formed antimatter stable is another big difficulty.

I WAS a Science student till Grade 12. Now I am in a different line but "DARK RIDER" please take this into mind that I didn't come to know about it because I was a science student but because I had interest in it. You needn't feel that way. Not being a science student doesn't mean not having the doors to science open to you. It doesn't make much of a difference really.

Anyway, when deepesh talked of the Ultimate Asymmetry it makes it even more interesting. This theory revolves around the basis that billions of years back .... there were equal amounts of matter and antimatter. And .... they fused to form voidness...nothingness. And in the end, surprisingly a small amount of matter remained, about one in a million. That is to say, matter outnumbered antimatter by a very small number. That small number is the Universe you and I are in. And, I read about it a long time back. You might mind flaws in it.. Just check the facts.

9Antimatter and nuclear power Empty Re: Antimatter and nuclear power Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

I am student of Science. Before starting the debate I would like everyone to read book called "angels and demons" by the writer who wrote "The Davinci Code" Dan Brown. There is much written about antimatter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum