The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you hate America?

+2
blazeofglory
eveningpolestar
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you hate America? Empty Do you hate America? Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:31 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I have met so many people who hate America ...to various extent and for various reasons (its dominance, its extravagence, its attack on other countries, its Capitalist policy etc etc )...So I wanted to know do you hate America and do you have any particular reasons to do so?

Last edited by eveningpolestar on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:20 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Well if you were to re-frame the question "Do you hate American Imperialism" you would invite many people who think the same way but hating America itself sounds more racial though you didn't intend it to be that way.

In any case, American imperialism and world dominance have attracted many fiery eyes since not years but decades. Since the mid-nineties American Imperialism has forced its way into the independence of many nations...in South America, Africa, Asia and Europe alike. America has displayed itself not only as a super-power but in a way bullying the rest of the world to believe that they see the dawn only because the US is allowing them to do so.

American Imperialism is hated even by American people. There have been many instances when America interfered into some nation's politics and led to brutal dictatorships supported by the US like the Shah of Iran, Augusot Pinochet... and even Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden were linked to American highhandedness, until they rose against the US itself.

American highhandedness has demolished many nations and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people who had not done a bit of harm to American soil.

The way George Bush invaded Iraq lying to the world that Iraq had involvement in 9/11 and killing in thousands and making homeless and orphans and handicapped in millions showed US dictatorship. I believe the US president has been given a lot of right by the US governmental system. A system of Check and veto must be given to some other power... maybe the parliament or senate. Every US president has a bloody history of bombs and bitter warfare.

I might include some data... and nations where US interference harmed a lot... and many things. I MIGHT!

3Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Well if you were to re-frame the question "Do you hate American Imperialism" you would invite many people who think the same way but hating America itself sounds more racial though you didn't intend it to be that way.

Well, in a way i knowingly used just America instead of American Imperialism because I have found people not only hate America for the imperialism but also for other reasons like American extravagence...the way they are gobbling up resources and creating a burden on world's ecosystem is maddening. Even Europeans are found to hate America and he cause is more than American Imperalism...what do ya think?

blazeofglory wrote:
In any case, American imperialism and world dominance have attracted many fiery eyes since not years but decades. Since the mid-nineties American Imperialism has forced its way into the independence of many nations...in South America, Africa, Asia and Europe alike. America has displayed itself not only as a super-power but in a way bullying the rest of the world to believe that they see the dawn only because the US is allowing them to do so.

In the past when Rome used to be the world power , it did the same as the America is doing now ...bullying the world but it was limited...Britain did the same in its golden days....very true that American Imperalism has left many countries in the world without any choice but compromise in their freedom...And you really used the right words that US is making the world believe that the world sees dawn only becoz US allows us to...I hate that attitude...But on a second thought maybe if we have a single superpower in the world we are going to face the same thing..maybe we need another Soviet Union to counterbalance the American hegemony...what do you think ??

blazeofglory wrote:American Imperialism is hated even by American people. There have been many instances when America interfered into some nation's politics and led to brutal dictatorships supported by the US like the Shah of Iran, Augusot Pinochet... and even Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden were linked to American highhandedness, until they rose against the US itself.

u know to be honest I hate American people when they say they hate American Imperalism...come on they claim to be the pioneers of democracy and they choose their leaders and their government and if they hate the American Imperalism why don't they chose the leaders who suscribe their own ideas...can't they protest if their President attacks IRAQ , if their president & senate (whatever) decides to put a ban on Cuba or exploit African Nations...they say they hate Bush's policies but still he is elected President second time ...they are just hypocrites in my view....

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

4Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:56 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Actually thinking simply the land of America I would not hate it in any manner. But if we're talking about the system, trend the americans have and its international affairs then I would call it the worst country in the world.

5Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

I hate america coz they think America is the only independent nation in da world and whole world are there slaves

6Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I hate America due to its action on the other countries............. But I am applying to America. "Do not send this link to the American visa councilor"

7Do you hate America? Empty Re: Do you hate America? Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:46 am

kalokapal

I agree to most of what has been said on this discussion so far, but just wanted to contribute a different view.

So far everyone is talking about "America" as a homogeneous entity that has been existing in its current form since decades. True, it has been a single country since whatever-hundred years, but you should also see the fact that its policies (particularly foreign) are definitely homogeneous across time. It depends a lot on which party, democratic or republican, controls the House of Representatives, the Senate and finally the White House. Democrats have policies that seem to be more 'liked' by people outside the US and they tend to make more sense to me, at least.

Definitely, it is easy to say "oh i hate america, their system sucks" but have you really looked at how their system works? How their constitution clearly divides power, how checks and balances are inherent in their government and so on, for example? Of course there are some undesirable aspects (which, in my opinion can be debatable) like lobbying groups for instance, but a little bit of this and that exists everywhere, doesn't it?

Just to clear things up, I'm not a big fan of Bush's foreign policy and the Republican party's market-solves-everything doctrine. I mean if you're someone dissatisfied with some aspects of American government or its culture, feel free to do so, but try to make sure that your opinions are well informed rather than just hating it for the sake of it. That way your hate is more legitimate, in my opinion!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum