The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Business options in Nepal

+2
eveningpolestar
blazeofglory
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Business options in Nepal Empty Business options in Nepal Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

What kind of businesses will make good market and flourish in Nepal... tell me your opinion and enlist all innovative ideas. I would prefer replies focusing on small businesses.... like growing fruits, flowers, horticulture....
and also real estate... etc....

2Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Any business related to tourism is likely to flourish much in nepal oweing to the tourism pootential in our country in my view.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

3Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:53 pm

COFilth

COFilth

IT outsourcing business Arrow

4Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:25 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:What kind of businesses will make good market and flourish in Nepal... tell me your opinion and enlist all innovative ideas. I would prefer replies focusing on small businesses.... like growing fruits, flowers, horticulture....
and also real estate... etc....

what about u? What do u have in mind>?

5Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:59 am

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

There has been a lot of brainstorming lately.
What the global economist think is that the biggest marketing would be of networking and it would spread in each and every sector.

6Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I think business goes with the policies of the government. I think tourism is the best but Government should make it easy for foreigner to visit the country. Next is agriculture of medicinal plants, again government should make easy for business man to do its plantation and trade. Third option should can be linkage between china and India but tax is everywhere Now tax will be added if we have to travel from one state to other. We are also in comparative advantage in cement production, hydro power and out sourcing of softwares and others

Any way at present the scope is on Inverter and solar business and real states in Hetuda.

7Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:19 am

Rushil

Rushil

Nepal has the potential in both her population and geography, for growth and development. I believe that Nepal has her maximum potential in the energy sector, with thousands of MW of hydropower generating potential, and also some potential in the solar and wind power especially in the northern part of the country. The energy sector requires huge investments, the only way to get investment in this sector would be to open our borders for direct foreign investment or to convert the Nepal Electricity Authority into a public company and float its shares to raise capital for further investment and development of hydropower in the country.
Not to mention we have already seen the huge benefits of a stable political structure in the hay days of Nepali tourism boom. It is one of the most viable income generator for Nepal. I believe that with growth in the tourism sector, other sectors will also inevitably grow.
The third area for business opportunities in Nepal could be of as a trade route for India and China. I believe the world is getting smaller and as time progresses more and more countries with adopt open trade policies such as that of the EU, with less taxes.
And finally Nepal has huge potential as a supplier of skilled labour. We have seen that at the moment we are supplying cheap working unskilled labour, but in time as more and more people are being educated, we can soon be a market of skilled labour.
All this can only be achieved if and when we get a stable political system, fair and systematic financial and economic policies and strong will of Nepalese people over a long period of time.

8Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Rushil wrote:Nepal has the potential in both her population and geography, for growth and development. I believe that Nepal has her maximum potential in the energy sector, with thousands of MW of hydropower generating potential, and also some potential in the solar and wind power especially in the northern part of the country. The energy sector requires huge investments, the only way to get investment in this sector would be to open our borders for direct foreign investment or to convert the Nepal Electricity Authority into a public company and float its shares to raise capital for further investment and development of hydropower in the country.
Not to mention we have already seen the huge benefits of a stable political structure in the hay days of Nepali tourism boom. It is one of the most viable income generator for Nepal. I believe that with growth in the tourism sector, other sectors will also inevitably grow.
The third area for business opportunities in Nepal could be of as a trade route for India and China. I believe the world is getting smaller and as time progresses more and more countries with adopt open trade policies such as that of the EU, with less taxes.
And finally Nepal has huge potential as a supplier of skilled labour. We have seen that at the moment we are supplying cheap working unskilled labour, but in time as more and more people are being educated, we can soon be a market of skilled labour.
All this can only be achieved if and when we get a stable political system, fair and systematic financial and economic policies and strong will of Nepalese people over a long period of time.

I agree with you!! But you know people are arguing that due to globalization our poorly skilled labor is going to suffer...they say that only the high skilled labor force with get the jobs as globalization emphasizes on the capital intensive technologies rather than labor intensive technologies..they believe that only the skilled labor will get higher skills ...low skilled labor will only suffer..what do you say?

9Business options in Nepal Empty Re: Business options in Nepal Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 am

Rushil

Rushil

it is true that the world is slowing turning to capital intensive technology rather than labour intensive technologies, but we have not yet reached to a position where computers start doing everything for us. More than 2/3 of the world is still undeveloped or under developed, there are millions of labour intensive work around the globe. I believe that as long as people will continue to eat, labour intensive technologies will remain, in one way or the other.
Low skilled labour or manual labour sadly has and will continue to suffer. But this is a chain of events, if our fathers or grand fathers did not work hard day and night then we would not be here. There is always undoubtedly the sweet fruit of labour at the end of the day. This is where Nepal is going through and taking things negatively. It is true we are being exploited, but it is our own people that exploit us, when it comes to unskilled labour. We take our labour for granted. Unskilled labour is the foundation of all success, it is the beginning of the success of tomorrow.
Think this way, the value of education in Nepal has gained utmost importance today in Nepal, where most families want their children to study and be educated. The labourers abroad, whatever they earn are investing in their future, their children and their education. This way we are slowly reaching to a position where soon we will no longer be a pool of unskilled manual labour, but rather a pool of educated and skilled labour.
Nepal has a huge potential to be a market for skilled labour, all that is required is an upgrade in the education sector and a bit more flexible education structure. We have seen the potential of Nepalese students who have come abroad to study, most end up doing good in their education and hence their lives.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum