The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compulsory Voting in Elections?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Compulsory Voting in Elections? Empty Compulsory Voting in Elections? Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:13 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

In many countries around the world individuals can choose to vote, or not to vote, as they see fit.I have heard In some countries (Australia, Switzerland and Singapore, for example) it is compulsory to vote in elections. In the recent CA polls the voters turn out ratio was sarisfactory but it was just around 60% I guess. So I had a thought why not make voting in elections compulsory...Just a thought! What do you think plz share....

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2Compulsory Voting in Elections? Empty Re: Compulsory Voting in Elections? Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I dont think that will work. I do not support the idea though it is progressive.

People dont vote because:

1. they dont care. "politics is dirty"
2. they dont know its importance.
3. they dont see anybody that deserves one.

Its individual choice. Of course its duty,... but it still is a choice... and everybody must have his/her freedom to live the way he/she wants...

3Compulsory Voting in Elections? Empty Re: Compulsory Voting in Elections? Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:07 pm

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

ya sochai ta thikai ho tai ni hamro country ma teti lagu hunna hola
hami kaha manche lai election ko imp nai ramro sanga sab lai tha chaina.
village tira ka lai matra hoina kathmandu ko manche lai ni tesko imp tetitha chaina
aarko kura poltical parties aafu jitna lai gunda ,badmas ya uniharu kai follower haru ko marfat aafu jitna lai vote dina lagauncha
so.

4Compulsory Voting in Elections? Empty Re: Compulsory Voting in Elections? Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Compulsory garayera pani ta k garne wolf sabai jogi kanai chireka bhayepachi.
Pahila aru party le gunda lagayo pachi maoistko palo aayo ani usle jitera dekhayo.
Rule of law ramro bhayema matra compulsory ko voting pani ramro hunthyo. Tara hamro desma pahila law bhatkayincha ani balla rule ko kura batayincha.

5Compulsory Voting in Elections? Empty Re: Compulsory Voting in Elections? Sun May 24, 2009 2:45 am

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I don't think compulsory voting is a good idea. What if you were asked to choose among "man-shit" and "dog-shit", making it a compulsory things. So, some time same things may happen during election. Epically in country like ours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum