The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOD, LIFE and EXISTENCE.... a personal path (I am lost)

+3
eveningpolestar
Razor Blade
blazeofglory
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Lennon said "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"... Just ponder over it... its so deep a view and so right ...

Voltaire said: "God is a comedian playing infront of an audience too afraid to laugh" and that "we made god in our likeliness and not the complimentary".

Throughout history, questions have raised. Powerful questions. If god exists, why is "god" not saving us from every bit of pain and agony, wars and bombs. Why is he being a Nero in the sky, watching the world burn. Why is god not overlooking the serious matters of global warming or Nuclear breakdown? Does it matter to god? And Osho said, "If god does all that, then what is the purpose of the devil? He is jobless"

And, this skepticism is nothing but the outcome of "god" made by religion. There was no Christianity when Christ lived. Forget the resurrection, Christ never heard of Christianity, Buddha never of Buddhism, Mohammed never of Islam, and Marx never of Marxism. (Russel claimed he never believed in any religion in the world , Buddhism or Christianity or Hinudism or Islam or Communism. Communism is a religion, he argued rightly)

If you ask me who made the world... its not a who... its a power... call it paranormal or supernatural... its power.. the same power that taught us love and everything that is not material. Power....call it god... call it Nirvana... call it enlightment....call it anything... history has woven stories on personified gods..... but god, my friends, as I see it, can be achieved in ourselves in the ecstasy of love... of enjoyment... of life.... of beauty...

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

My friend u seem to have the core concept of the religions which was the reason for them to be formulated in the world. Actually if u look at the dates of the great epic Mahabharat which is found to be one of the great fact for the real existence of the gods in our very own land of south asia. But at the same time if we start unveiling the explained facts the human civilization were all in savage state. So how did this sort of conflict exist in the world? Were the religious epics like Mahabharat and Ramayan all mythical or were they written for some reason?
In order to make a comment upon the religion first we need to find the source due to which these sort of religious journals or manuscripts were written. In my belief these epics or journals were all written when there were less people who had the knowledge of being civilized. Morality in all of them was not just to impose very restricted policies rather to make the society more functional or disciplined.
It is no doubt that the creation of the god was by some highly talented, literated and far sighted philosophers.Their idea was 1st to implose the rules and when time start to move on then due to the gradual increase in the knowledge of human they would get the morality behind all those rules or manuscripts. Still the human civilization needs hard rules and policy to make society and the whole world peaceful and prosperous.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Lennon said "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"... Just ponder over it... its so deep a view and so right ...

Voltaire said: "God is a comedian playing infront of an audience too afraid to laugh" and that "we made god in our likeliness and not the complimentary".

Throughout history, questions have raised. Powerful questions. If god exists, why is "god" not saving us from every bit of pain and agony, wars and bombs. Why is he being a Nero in the sky, watching the world burn. Why is god not overlooking the serious matters of global warming or Nuclear breakdown? Does it matter to god? And Osho said, "If god does all that, then what is the purpose of the devil? He is jobless"

And, this skepticism is nothing but the outcome of "god" made by religion. There was no Christianity when Christ lived. Forget the resurrection, Christ never heard of Christianity, Buddha never of Buddhism, Mohammed never of Islam, and Marx never of Marxism. (Russel claimed he never believed in any religion in the world , Buddhism or Christianity or Hinudism or Islam or Communism. Communism is a religion, he argued rightly)

If you ask me who made the world... its not a who... its a power... call it paranormal or supernatural... its power.. the same power that taught us love and everything that is not material. Power....call it god... call it Nirvana... call it enlightment....call it anything... history has woven stories on personified gods..... but god, my friends, as I see it, can be achieved in ourselves in the ecstasy of love... of enjoyment... of life.... of beauty...

I agree with you on the point that its not a "who " made the world but its a power that created the world and the universe...and by power here i mean something of physics...what kind power do you mean???

Last edited by eveningpolestar on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Razor Blade wrote:My friend u seem to have the core concept of the religions which was the reason for them to be formulated in the world. Actually if u look at the dates of the great epic Mahabharat which is found to be one of the great fact for the real existence of the gods in our very own land of south asia. But at the same time if we start unveiling the explained facts the human civilization were all in savage state. So how did this sort of conflict exist in the world? Were the religious epics like Mahabharat and Ramayan all mythical or were they written for some reason?
In order to make a comment upon the religion first we need to find the source due to which these sort of religious journals or manuscripts were written. In my belief these epics or journals were all written when there were less people who had the knowledge of being civilized. Morality in all of them was not just to impose very restricted policies rather to make the society more functional or disciplined.
It is no doubt that the creation of the god was by some highly talented, literated and far sighted philosophers.Their idea was 1st to implose the rules and when time start to move on then due to the gradual increase in the knowledge of human they would get the morality behind all those rules or manuscripts. Still the human civilization needs hard rules and policy to make society and the whole world peaceful and prosperous.

So u belive the creation of god was by some highly talented, literated and far sighted philosophers but how can the god be created if he is supposed to be the almighty..can we say god was created by someone very shrewd to control the people???

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Razor Blade wrote:My friend u seem to have the core concept of the religions which was the reason for them to be formulated in the world. Actually if u look at the dates of the great epic Mahabharat which is found to be one of the great fact for the real existence of the gods in our very own land of south asia. But at the same time if we start unveiling the explained facts the human civilization were all in savage state. So how did this sort of conflict exist in the world? Were the religious epics like Mahabharat and Ramayan all mythical or were they written for some reason?

Back to action. Debate, I believe, helps us learn more!

Reason, if you ask, about the books, Mahabharata, Vedas, Koran, Bible, Tripitaka, I-Ching you name it,.... it difficult for me to exactly outline it. This is a question that has baffled not only you and I, but anybody and everybody willing to THINK! Just think about it!

You see, creation, civilisation, morality and the mind are truly amazing things indeed. We cannot properly define any of them, and neither can we attempt to define love. Now, once we fail to define them,... the easiest solution is to attribute them to some omnipotent god. Easy work!

Using the word Intellectual to denote god is again highly debatable. The rules... and the path (of religions) are creations of man and not another manifestation of the "almighty".

The biggest beauty I see in life.. is not how it was created .. but it exists from the quarks and mesons to galaxies and the universe. I dont want to look for a WHY because for me, its not necessary. It IS! I AM! You ARE! Its enough.

Evening,
What I mean by Energy is love, life ... and the ecstasy.... When the mind stops and the heart begins. That is life. And, I hope I am not being too spiritual but there is indeed a connexion.

P.S. I loved the Smart Club Session, and I know, I will.
You both are really young intellectuals... Kudos to you!

sami

The discussions that are being carried out on the aspect of god and religion is being interesting. Rousseau has said, “who made me?” cannot be answered as it immediately poses another question, “who made god?” the things in this universe seems to be so mysterious that I cannot remain without believing on some power. As blaze of glory said it can be the easy answers to all the mysterious questions….
I als believe that there may be some power but it doesn’t mean that the power should be an ideal, always doing the right and the best things in the world. evening pole star has even claimed as a physical force , but I can’t consider a mere physical force is able to produce the emotional being like us.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

sami wrote:The discussions that are being carried out on the aspect of god and religion is being interesting. Rousseau has said, “who made me?” cannot be answered as it immediately poses another question, “who made god?” the things in this universe seems to be so mysterious that I cannot remain without believing on some power. As blaze of glory said it can be the easy answers to all the mysterious questions….
I als believe that there may be some power but it doesn’t mean that the power should be an ideal, always doing the right and the best things in the world. evening pole star has even claimed as a physical force , but I can’t consider a mere physical force is able to produce the emotional being like us.

Welcome to the community sami! Thanks for coming! Hope to see more of your posts!

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

HMMM!!
well my views are a little more objective. i dont like to dwell too much on the abstract.
i do agree with voltaire when he said "we made god in our likeliness and not the complimentary". i believe that god is a manifestation of a basic human psyche( the super ego as Freud called it). We humans have a incessant need to prove that we are sperior than regular animals even though biology says otherwise. Even today no self respecting human will say i am just an animal. It seems rather erksome so imagine that we are just a heap of biochemical activities.
i believe that the idea of god was created for the same reason. It provided the illusion that human life had some superior devine purpose other than just to live and prolong the species. It provided hope and purpose to the human race and it still does.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:HMMM!!
well my views are a little more objective. i dont like to dwell too much on the abstract.
i do agree with voltaire when he said "we made god in our likeliness and not the complimentary". i believe that god is a manifestation of a basic human psyche( the super ego as Freud called it). We humans have a incessant need to prove that we are sperior than regular animals even though biology says otherwise. Even today no self respecting human will say i am just an animal. It seems rather erksome so imagine that we are just a heap of biochemical activities.
i believe that the idea of god was created for the same reason. It provided the illusion that human life had some superior devine purpose other than just to live and prolong the species. It provided hope and purpose to the human race and it still does.
well, i agree with your view. its because of our need to feel superior and of higher purpose we created "GOD". It's very hard to accept the fact that we are just some byproduct of biochemical activities. And at the same time it's hard to beleive that biochemical activities can be related to human emotions. But after all , we are just animals , just a bit refined , that's all. well, personally , believing in god doesn't make me hopeful vut it makes me even more depressed instead.

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

ever noticed that almost everything in nature is in cycles. almost everything in the natural world repeats itself.
i think that people are no different. Due to modern sciece and technology the believers of god has decreased in the world in the last century. As people find more and more answers through science, the need for god will keep decreasing. however new answers will give rise to new questions. and due to the limitation of human intelligent there will come a time when human mind will simply max out and there will be no more new answers. that is when faith in god will start to grow again. we will again feel the need to create gods.

just a thought
Smile

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:ever noticed that almost everything in nature is in cycles. almost everything in the natural world repeats itself.
i think that people are no different. Due to modern sciece and technology the believers of god has decreased in the world in the last century. As people find more and more answers through science, the need for god will keep decreasing. however new answers will give rise to new questions. and due to the limitation of human intelligent there will come a time when human mind will simply max out and there will be no more new answers. that is when faith in god will start to grow again. we will again feel the need to create gods.

just a thought
Smile

well, i don't quite agree with your points...as I don't think domain of scientific knowledge will ever shrink...We are going to find more and more answers and we will know there is a lot more to discover but I don't think people will begin to believe in absurdities that someone created the world and us just because there are no answers...I m not sure if human mind will simply max out?

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
well, i don't quite agree with your points...as I don't think domain of scientific knowledge will ever shrink...We are going to find more and more answers and we will know there is a lot more to discover but I don't think people will begin to believe in absurdities that someone created the world and us just because there are no answers...I m not sure if human mind will simply max out?

ok here's an example.
put a infant infront of a mirror. it might take a while but it will soon understand that it is its image being shown in the mirror.
now put a dog or a cat infront of a mirror, u can give it all the time and training you want to it but it will never be able to understand that it's his own image. it simply lacks the mental capability to comprehend the fact.
same case with humans. we think we are intelligent but we are intelligent only compared to other animals around us. there are basic biological limits to what we can learn to comprehend. that's why there is a good chance the human mind could max out. but it will probably take millennias.
the only other option would be either to make machine smarter than us or evolve into smarter species

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

deepesh wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:

ok here's an example.
put a infant infront of a mirror. it might take a while but it will soon understand that it is its image being shown in the mirror.
now put a dog or a cat infront of a mirror, u can give it all the time and training you want to it but it will never be able to understand that it's his own image. it simply lacks the mental capability to comprehend the fact.
same case with humans. we think we are intelligent but we are intelligent only compared to other animals around us. there are basic biological limits to what we can learn to comprehend. that's why there is a good chance the human mind could max out. but it will probably take millennias.
the only other option would be either to make machine smarter than us or evolve into smarter species

very right but about the cycle...??

Buddhi

My mind is in contradiction when im writing these words onbehalf God, Life and Existence.

"I write I'm a God". What hell it is ? When I write I'm God I could not be hanged or killed but I would obviously blammed 'You have gone mad'. so, do GOd is the belief of madness but the dear silly madness foolish madness.

TO much madness would be devine a godhoodness.

Damcare, i damcare about the god, god might be laughing in the garden in the form of the sculptures, who is God ?
God is the creater, every man who is human is the god, life?

Hey dear ! the more u give the meaning of life it results meaninglessness.

Quoted Osho Rajneesh the great words player who hated words, u know why he hated words? cause he was scare , no................no..........he didn't like likely
Existence, if u add ism it becomes existentialism , again the next god arises saying i'm not god but seems as if Jean paul satre is a god u know in nepal some many of nepali so called writers cannot go ahead naming these gods satre, or marx
who the hell is God ? hell.........sorrow, pain, misery.............heaven fragnance, beauty, nymps...........existence it exists

no way to worry drink real juice and take a long breath to check ur existence.

If u like to read , if u don't like to read don't read this is the life it goes likely.

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

When I read all the replies...it kinda makes me want to be a Nihilist.... Very Happy

Anyway, it isn't really easy to hammer out the faith that has formed part of human life and history. Faith is what I hate most.

The best medium or path to understand god and life... would be not to understand it. It would be... to live life in its pleasures and joys.

And Buddhi.... I am kinda confused as to what you are trying to express... I mean its like... you are speaking in way too much fragments. And, would you please elaborate on your thinking on Rajneesh. But, in a way.... this thing "god" occurs to us in fragments. Never in one whole.

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

blazeofglory wrote:When I read all the replies...it kinda makes me want to be a Nihilist.... Very Happy

Anyway, it isn't really easy to hammer out the faith that has formed part of human life and history. Faith is what I hate most.

The best medium or path to understand god and life... would be not to understand it. It would be... to live life in its pleasures and joys.

And Buddhi.... I am kinda confused as to what you are trying to express... I mean its like... you are speaking in way too much fragments. And, would you please elaborate on your thinking on Rajneesh. But, in a way.... this thing "god" occurs to us in fragments. Never in one whole.

quite agreeable !! I hate faith that prevents you from asking any questions. It would be easy not to think all about this stuff but my conscience doesn't allow me to do so...I don't wanna die without ever knowing the answers to all this questions if i could...I know i wouldn't know the ultimate truth but i will be satisfied when i have done my best to finf the answers Exclamation

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Evening, see my blog entry called Faith Faithless. I have written a bit out there.

And, I want to die unshaken by questions and answers alike. I want to die a happy man, a satisfied man. My quest will never be to find answers. My quest is to live in the "is" rather than the "Why".

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

blazeofglory wrote:Evening, see my blog entry called Faith Faithless. I have written a bit out there.

And, I want to die unshaken by questions and answers alike. I want to die a happy man, a satisfied man. My quest will never be to find answers. My quest is to live in the "is" rather than the "Why".

I don't know whether it can be achieved or not. There seems to be a lot of expectation of yours on yourself. This mightnot be the first time some person has dreamt of such so on what basis do u think that u would be only one who would have no queries left inside till the date u die?

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Nothing is un-achievable. Its more of a realization rather than expectation. I mean... I do not count off the probabilty that I wont have any queries. I still have queries... and my thirst for knowledge doesn't get quenched... but I have started on it. I am slowly gaining control over it. Lets see what happens next. I just want to enjoy life. And not question it.

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Well that's all about u.
But my question is there is much to explore and so many queries;
even greatest saints, prophets were unable to sort out the real thing.
Can u dig it?
However best of luck for the voyage?

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

I do not see the link between greatness and the way I see my life to be. Fame, glory and 'greatness' are .... not what I seek for.
I cannot dig it. I don't want to.
Yes, indeed it is a voyage. A journey of realizations.

22GOD, LIFE and EXISTENCE.... a personal path (I am lost) Empty Well I speak my words.......... Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Confused Wolf

Confused Wolf

I know not about Lenin or any other someone but what i know is what i think and what i feel

Well as far as it concerns me, I think the appearances and facts appearing to be aside to prove the existence of God are the result of the mere illusion created by the outstanding imaginative creativity of the human mind due to the feeling of insufficiency of someone to blame upon when something goes way wrong।

The fact for the existence of god although proof less, lies bound within the limit of thoughts, beliefs and dreams and they appear so real the human mind compares its dream with reality being confused of what is real and what else could exactly be virtual। In my own words it can be finally thus expressed as," Everything that is cannot be always real unless truth tends to pull it and thus even a false can be considered as an unreal truth।"

http://www.seclusewriter.blogspot.com

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

not much to add
for the debate is deriving again to the existence of god.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum