The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can slow and steady really win in today's world?

+3
Ratoghoda
eveningpolestar
Saurav
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

Can slow and steady really win in today's world? Tortoi10

All of you might have heard story about tortoise and rabbit. Where tortoise won the race and the moral of that story is "slow and steady wins the race".

What do you think in the present competitive world can we win using this moral, doing things slowly and steadily?

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Well, in today's competitive world slow and steady doesn't win the race..its the age of speed, efficiency and competition. The fast and steady wins the race in today's world.

Steadiness is a virtue but slowness cannot be a virtue and hence it is foolish to glorify slowness of the tortoise in current scenario. Rabbit's speed is a virtue which is complemented by steadiness.

so, i think you got to be a steady rabbit these days if you want to succeed in the race of life.

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Saurav

Saurav
Active Debator
Active Debator

I strongly agree with your point. If you are slow then, no one will wait for you and you will be in the middle of nowhere. The story was of rabbit and tortoise but we are man. All our competitors are man everywhere.

Ratoghoda

In my opinion,
There obviously should be steady but depends on situation about movement.

schumit

schumit

After hearing that story, the rabbits have become very clever now.Slow and steady will never win the race.

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

well said...evening.

InViSible Wolf

InViSible Wolf
Active Debator
Active Debator

A BIG NO

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

The term steady and slow, if refers to having patience and optimizing the overall idea on what to do and spend time conceptualizing and researching would certainly win. If it had only been slow then my answer would be same as IW but since there is steady, it might be tough on fast but hectic rabbit...But the best option is to be steady rabbit...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum