The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Makes A Good Film

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Makes A Good Film Empty What Makes A Good Film Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 am

the kshitij

What makes a good film?
‘It is not only one portion that makes a film good, but the perfect combination of script, characters and direction does so,’ writes the film today magazine in its April edition as a conclusion to their research on ‘components of a good film’.
Film is simply a dramatic representation of a story. So, script is the life of movies and they should be very strong and appealing. No matter it is a fiction like wanted or real based story like the girl next door, script should touch our feeling and embody our imagination and be a symbol of our daily activities.
When people can relate themselves to the character then only they take film as a part of their life. The characters in the film have to be likable. Even if they are evil monsters, they have to have some quality the audience will like. The best example is The Godfather. They are drug dealers, but you find yourself rooting for them.
‘Action-cut’, many people consider this is the only job of directors. But in fact they are the ones who can make the film lively.Om Shanti Om (Indian movie) did not have good script at all but the work of director has made it a big hit. They are the medium which connects script and characters. Their concept directs the flow of movies.
Leaving some exceptions, films which had focused only on one aspect has not been able to be safe from critics. Naughty Me (Korean movie) is one example which only focused in one aspect ,script, and was badly bitten in the box office because it lack the realistic approach in the absence of other essentials components.
The concept which shows the perfect fusion of these components gets the "thumbs-up" for a movie.

kshitij Raj Lohani
k.lohani01@gmail.com
thekshitij.blogspot.com

2What Makes A Good Film Empty Re: What Makes A Good Film Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:00 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

All the aspects of a movie should seamlessly fit together to make a good film. But if you talk about a single most important aspect, for me the story of a movie is the most important thing and then comes the presentation or direction. The very reason i hate nepali movie is the filthy cheap stories they present...same boy girl , love , opposition etc....If a movie adresses universal human emotions , I wouldn't like to miss such movie...Regarding if audience can relateto the character of the movie, I agree with you...I had watched a movie called "Little Manhattan"...the core of the movie is the way it compels viewers to relate themselves to the protagonist of the movie...I loved the movie.....

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum