The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

During 1965

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1During 1965 Empty During 1965 Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:08 pm

taixyz1992

Active Debator
Active Debator

During 1965, Dylan composed prose, poems, and songs by typing incessantly. Footage of Dylan in his suite at the Savoy Hotel, London, captures this process in Dont Look Back. But he told two interviewers that "Like a Rolling Stone" began as a long piece of "vomit" (in one account 10 pages, in another 20 pages) which then acquired musical form.[4] He never spoke of any other major composition in this way. In an interview with CBC radio in Montreal, Dylan called the creation of the song a "breakthrough," explaining that it changed his perception of where he was going in his career. He said that he found himself writing "this long piece of vomit, 20 pages long, and out of it I took 'Like a Rolling Stone' and made it as a single. And I'd never written anything like that before and it suddenly came to me that was what I should do ... After writing that I wasn't interested in writing a novel, or a play. I just had too much, I want to write songs."[5]

Yacht Charter Tuscany and Tyrrhenian
Puzzle Games

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum