The Nepalese Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you currently reading??

+12
Political Animal
cheparo
Razor Blade
deepesh
ariee
Nabna
HITLER
InViSible Wolf
blazeofglory
Black Knight
rajan
eveningpolestar
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

1What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty What are you currently reading?? Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:42 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

First topic message reminder :

Let's discuss about the books we are currently reading.
Post the name of the book, name of the author and a little synopsis of the book plus why did you choose to read the book??

http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

26What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Mon May 19, 2008 12:29 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

I'm currently reading

Lie down with the lions by ken Foliot

27What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Mon May 19, 2008 3:36 am

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:
deepesh wrote:I was reading 'the coming collapse of china'. but couldnt finish it. got too technical. so i dont have anything to read rite now. any suggestions??

"the coming collapse of china"... who wrote the book,,,i guess it's some westerner...China has developed itself fully and west is making speculation about its collapse...funny Exclamation

it was written like 5 years ago when china was about to join the WTO. Found it at a friends and thought the title was nice. the writer is Gordan G. chang. he predicted that joining the WTO would ruin chinaese economy. Dont read it unless u are a economist.

28What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:Just finished

Rising Sun by Michael Crichton

What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 N24157os7.th

I had picked up the book because I found Michael Crichton's "The Great Train Robbery" thrilling. Rising Sun raised lots of controversy when it was 1st published in 1991 as the book tends to give a suggestive view on Japan-American trade relations. The book has sold more than 10 millions copies to date.I found the book very thrilling and very informative...actually its one of the most informative novels i have read yet. Thrills you , keeps you tensed with suspense and informs you about the trade relationship between Japan and America. The Japanese think "Business is a war." and we all know everything is fair in love and war....

Highly Recommended!

this really sounds like an interesting read

29What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

currently I am reading ROCKSTAR by Jacie Collins and Speak English like an American....
Rockstar is captivating novel about Rockstars....Speak English like an American is about use of proverbs and idioms in day to day use of English.

30What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

ariee wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:Just finished

Rising Sun by Michael Crichton

What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 N24157os7.th

I had picked up the book because I found Michael Crichton's "The Great Train Robbery" thrilling. Rising Sun raised lots of controversy when it was 1st published in 1991 as the book tends to give a suggestive view on Japan-American trade relations. The book has sold more than 10 millions copies to date.I found the book very thrilling and very informative...actually its one of the most informative novels i have read yet. Thrills you , keeps you tensed with suspense and informs you about the trade relationship between Japan and America. The Japanese think "Business is a war." and we all know everything is fair in love and war....

Highly Recommended!

this really sounds like an interesting read

It really is...except that the story is a bit complicated and you need you full concentration to flow with the story!

31What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sat May 31, 2008 9:08 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Currently I am reading these books simultaneously:

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho ( the writing is so poetic that it is a pleasure to read the book regardless of the story)

The Leadership Pill (gotta be a leader so...)

Female Sexuality ( I wonder if it's a good thing to mention this...hehehehe)

32What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sat May 31, 2008 10:33 pm

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

Currently i'm reading "You Can Win" by- Shiv Khera

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

33What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sat May 31, 2008 11:37 pm

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

I'm reading Tom Clancy's

bestselling novel

The hunt for red october

(FINALLY)

and thnx to our very own evening

I just started reading the book....tell u abt the book later.

happy reading to everyone else out there.

34What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:41 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Black Knight wrote:Currently i'm reading "You Can Win" by- Shiv Khera

Pretty nice book ha?

35What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

i'm currently reading

Hunt for red october by Tom clancy (fianlly)

and thnx to evening here

haven't finished the book .............

36What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 am

Black Knight

Black Knight
Active Debator
Active Debator

currently reading:
How To Sleep Less and Have More Energy Than You Ever Had Before

http://www.purushwottam.com.np

37What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:56 am

blazeofglory

blazeofglory
Active Debator
Active Debator

Freakonomics. anyone read it?
just completed catcher in the rye

38What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:24 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I am reading "Devil wears Prada" and "The One Minute Manager" currently.

39What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

eveningpolestar wrote:I am reading "Devil wears Prada" and "The One Minute Manager" currently.

i've read devils wear prada. Found it maha boring. The films good though

40What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:36 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

ariee wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:I am reading "Devil wears Prada" and "The One Minute Manager" currently.

i've read devils wear prada. Found it maha boring. The films good though

I agree the book is quite boring! I am just dragging on though...m not sure if i will finish the book. I haven't watched the movie yet though.

41What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I finished half of "Devil wears prada" and currently starting a book called "Gung Ho" written by the authors of "The One Minute Manager"...Gung Ho means very enthusiastic and the book is about techniques of motivating employees of an organization.

42What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:52 am

ariee

General Debator
General Debator

Black Knight wrote:currently reading:
How To Sleep Less and Have More Energy Than You Ever Had Before

who's the author?

43What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

I have recently complited reading "Soch" By Karna Sakya. It's really good.

44What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Currently I am reading "Common Sense Economics" by three famous economists....its a mind blowing book...written in a simple language it teaches a layman about the basics of economics and how markets and economies work...

45What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Razor Blade

Razor Blade
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator

Currently I m reading "Brush up your english."
I really think I need it.

46What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:56 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

Razor Blade wrote:Currently I m reading "Brush up your english."
I really think I need it.

I hear its a very very good book....I hope to read it someday!

47What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:50 pm

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

I am near to the end of "Devil wears prada"--a very funny book

halfway through "How to grow a backbone" ---a book for building self esteem and self confidence in todays organizational environment

just started "Five point Someone"---hilarious book

Thinking of starting "ATLAS SHRUGGED" ---why is everyone talking about this book??

Just started "In Defense of Global Capitalism"--hmmmmm

48What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 am

cheparo

General Debator
General Debator

Just finished reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.
Before that To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Before that Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov.
Before that, the Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
Before that, em..........er.............no idea. Forgot that.

Just placed an order for the following three books-will be reading them in the same order.
1. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer ---- immensely inspired by the movie. My recommendation if you haven't watched that movie yet- Watch it!!!
2. The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
3. The Freedom Writers Diary : How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them by Freedom Writers, Zlata Filipovic

P.S. Have you read the book Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov? Will stir you brains!!! Honestly speaking, I couldn't even finish that book at first because of the content. The only reason I read till the end was because the girl in the shop that sold me the book said it was a great book. Only after finishing that book, I truely admire or lets say understand the main character's misery.
If you have time, just read it and lets talk about it.

49What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:47 am

eveningpolestar

eveningpolestar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator

limberfuture wrote:Just finished reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.
Before that To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Before that Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov.
Before that, the Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
Before that, em..........er.............no idea. Forgot that.

Just placed an order for the following three books-will be reading them in the same order.
1. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer ---- immensely inspired by the movie. My recommendation if you haven't watched that movie yet- Watch it!!!
2. The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
3. The Freedom Writers Diary : How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them by Freedom Writers, Zlata Filipovic

P.S. Have you read the book Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov? Will stir you brains!!! Honestly speaking, I couldn't even finish that book at first because of the content. The only reason I read till the end was because the girl in the shop that sold me the book said it was a great book. Only after finishing that book, I truely admire or lets say understand the main character's misery.
If you have time, just read it and lets talk about it.

Looks like you are an avid reader limber broda!! All the books u mentioned their title that's intriguing! I hope to read those books someday.

Well, I have read Lolita.....it shakes you to the roots...so honest account of the maion character...Limer broda what do you sday on the eroticism of the novel was it that necessary ???

50What are you currently reading?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?? Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:33 am

cheparo

General Debator
General Debator

well eveningpolestar, the writer actually never tried to make the novel erotic in any way. And neither was it his intentions.
The subject matter forced him to hint or rather say mention some such parts. I believe, if he hadn't mentioned it, we probably wouldn't have involved ourselves so deeply in the subject matter. What do you say, your opinion please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum