A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...


You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Comment on this!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please Comment on this! on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:15 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

2 No doubt about that. on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Razor Blade

avatar
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator
If u feed a person with a fish then he would request u to give him once more. When u give him/her again he/she ask for the another one.The request would go on increasing and it would be so regular that the person then would think that it is ur job to feed him/her. After that the person would start to think u as a slave. And one day when u forget to feed the person then the person thinks that u are incompetent and of no use. When u completely leave to feed the person then u would be thought as a good being or even a god. But it would be too late for the person and the effort of urs also goes on vain.

But when you teach a person to feed then the person would start to catch the fishes by his/her own. And one day the person would drop by and give u couple of fishes with appreciation.

View user profile

3 Re: Please Comment on this! on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
Razor Blade wrote:If u feed a person with a fish then he would request u to give him once more. When u give him/her again he/she ask for the another one.The request would go on increasing and it would be so regular that the person then would think that it is ur job to feed him/her. After that the person would start to think u as a slave. And one day when u forget to feed the person then the person thinks that u are incompetent and of no use. When u completely leave to feed the person then u would be thought as a good being or even a god. But it would be too late for the person and the effort of urs also goes on vain.

But when you teach a person to feed then the person would start to catch the fishes by his/her own. And one day the person would drop by and give u couple of fishes with appreciation.

I think it from a bit different perspective. The concept used to be relevant in the bygone days when there used to be nothing called intellectual property, nothing called cut throat competition...but todays we have all these and in this context it is better to give (better say SELL) a man a fish , you profit from him for a day, Teach him how to fish and you are going to loose your royalty, if he knows how to fish you might go out of the business someday. So better keep him dependent on you and profit from him than teach him the art.


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

4 Re: Please Comment on this! on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:41 am

blazeofglory

avatar
Active Debator
Active Debator
eveningpolestar wrote:Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

Listen.... I am not joking.... this is the line ... that i have decided will form one basis of my life. I am so glad that u mentioned this.... I love this quote more than any other.

View user profile

5 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:21 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
blazeofglory wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

Listen.... I am not joking.... this is the line ... that i have decided will form one basis of my life. I am so glad that u mentioned this.... I love this quote more than any other.

hey blaze broda could u please elaborate how this quotation if so relevant in your life...any examples???


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

6 Re: Please Comment on this! on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 am

blazeofglory

avatar
Active Debator
Active Debator
eveningpolestar wrote:
blazeofglory wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

Listen.... I am not joking.... this is the line ... that i have decided will form one basis of my life. I am so glad that u mentioned this.... I love this quote more than any other.

hey blaze broda could u please elaborate how this quotation if so relevant in your life...any examples???

As of yet, there are no examples. But, I want to make this an example. How? People talk about helping the poor and the needy and donating money etc. I do not believe in that. I would rather INVEST on the poor. Now. poverty is very relative. If you donate money to a poor person he becomes rich... but the problem is not solved because some another person comes to replace him. It is very RELATIVE!!!

Donating to a nation like Nepal also has been proved useless. The UN donates a huge amount, but what success have we seen in Nepal? Isnt it the same nation....as it was yesterday? Had it invested here... factories... or power plants etc... it would have been better.

This is one example...

View user profile

7 Re: Please Comment on this! on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
blazeofglory wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:
blazeofglory wrote:
eveningpolestar wrote:Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

Listen.... I am not joking.... this is the line ... that i have decided will form one basis of my life. I am so glad that u mentioned this.... I love this quote more than any other.

hey blaze broda could u please elaborate how this quotation if so relevant in your life...any examples???

As of yet, there are no examples. But, I want to make this an example. How? People talk about helping the poor and the needy and donating money etc. I do not believe in that. I would rather INVEST on the poor. Now. poverty is very relative. If you donate money to a poor person he becomes rich... but the problem is not solved because some another person comes to replace him. It is very RELATIVE!!!

Donating to a nation like Nepal also has been proved useless. The UN donates a huge amount, but what success have we seen in Nepal? Isnt it the same nation....as it was yesterday? Had it invested here... factories... or power plants etc... it would have been better.

This is one example...

Pretty nice thinking u have...let's start another quote to comment on....


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

8 Re: Please Comment on this! on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Plz comment this !!


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

9 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:15 pm

blazeofglory

avatar
Active Debator
Active Debator
eveningpolestar wrote:Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Plz comment this !!

Quite Agreeable again!

Read these ones by Hitler:
Adolf Hitler: Faith is Harder to Shake than Knowledge
Adolf Hitler: Fanaticism of Faith can Move Mountains
Adolf Hitler: Faith Lifts Us Above the Level of Animal Existence

You see.... faith is the only basis for which religion is standing. The basis that helped Hitler to power. Having faith ... at times is dangerous.. and shows how weak one can be.

View user profile

10 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:00 am

kali


Newbie
Newbie
eveningpolestar wrote:Requested :Your Comments!!

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

if u spoon feed for the rest of ur life then when will that person learn to use the spoon......... teach only someone how to fish dont make him feed for the rest of his life

View user profile

11 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sun May 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Nabna


Newbie
Newbie
eveningpolestar wrote:
Razor Blade wrote:If u feed a person with a fish then he would request u to give him once more. When u give him/her again he/she ask for the another one.The request would go on increasing and it would be so regular that the person then would think that it is ur job to feed him/her. After that the person would start to think u as a slave. And one day when u forget to feed the person then the person thinks that u are incompetent and of no use. When u completely leave to feed the person then u would be thought as a good being or even a god. But it would be too late for the person and the effort of urs also goes on vain.

But when you teach a person to feed then the person would start to catch the fishes by his/her own. And one day the person would drop by and give u couple of fishes with appreciation.

I think it from a bit different perspective. The concept used to be relevant in the bygone days when there used to be nothing called intellectual property, nothing called cut throat competition...but todays we have all these and in this context it is better to give (better say SELL) a man a fish , you profit from him for a day, Teach him how to fish and you are going to loose your royalty, if he knows how to fish you might go out of the business someday. So better keep him dependent on you and profit from him than teach him the art.

very business minded thinking u have

View user profile

12 fisherman and fish on Wed May 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

GIVE MAN A FISH
- He'll cook the fish if he knows how to and the cooked fish might satisfy his hunger for two or three meals (if the guy is sinkutey like me ).
- The fish wont last for long time.

TEACH HIM HOW TO FISH
- He'll learn to fish, so he can catch fish when he feels like eating one...or whenever he wants to....
- He'll not need to be given fish by anyone else, rather himself,,,,so credit for feeding him (indirectly ) goes to us who taught him how to fish,,, cuz he's gonna fish by himself for the rest of his life,,, unless he is brainwashed or sum',,,

....................ps: he might sell fish to eat something else too haina ra??......

View user profile

13 Re: Please Comment on this! on Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 am

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
passang125 wrote:Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

GIVE MAN A FISH
- He'll cook the fish if he knows how to and the cooked fish might satisfy his hunger for two or three meals (if the guy is sinkutey like me ).
- The fish wont last for long time.

TEACH HIM HOW TO FISH
- He'll learn to fish, so he can catch fish when he feels like eating one...or whenever he wants to....
- He'll not need to be given fish by anyone else, rather himself,,,,so credit for feeding him (indirectly ) goes to us who taught him how to fish,,, cuz he's gonna fish by himself for the rest of his life,,, unless he is brainwashed or sum',,,

....................ps: he might sell fish to eat something else too haina ra??......

hmmm...ya sure he might sell fish to eat sth else ...


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

14 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 am

Razor Blade

avatar
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator
eveningpolestar wrote:
passang125 wrote:Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

GIVE MAN A FISH
- He'll cook the fish if he knows how to and the cooked fish might satisfy his hunger for two or three meals (if the guy is sinkutey like me ).
- The fish wont last for long time.

TEACH HIM HOW TO FISH
- He'll learn to fish, so he can catch fish when he feels like eating one...or whenever he wants to....
- He'll not need to be given fish by anyone else, rather himself,,,,so credit for feeding him (indirectly ) goes to us who taught him how to fish,,, cuz he's gonna fish by himself for the rest of his life,,, unless he is brainwashed or sum',,,

....................ps: he might sell fish to eat something else too haina ra??......

hmmm...ya sure he might sell fish to eat sth else ...

If u affirmed the above saying then didn't ur comment for me shadowed?

View user profile

15 Re: Please Comment on this! on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:47 pm

eveningpolestar

avatar
Professional Debator
Professional Debator
No , how is it shadowed ...i just affirmed to his approach that he can sell the fish to eat sth else...but my comment to u was about approach...it was the question of whether or not you should teach someone to catch fish at first in todays world...


_________________
If you want to be a star then you must follow your own path, shine your own light and never be afraid of the darkness, coz that's the time they shine the brightest!!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate. - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

16 Re: Please Comment on this! on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:46 am

Razor Blade

avatar
Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator
so are you trying to say that the world is selfish so do we?
If that is what u say then god lift from this world, not me, all the selfish skunks.
For I would never be that selfish and bossy.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum