A Nepali debate forum for the young and critical minds ...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jang Bahadur Rana : A great statesman or a tyrant !

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eveningpolestar

Professional Debator
Professional Debator

What do you think was Janga Bahadur Rana one of the greatest statesman of Nepal or was he just a follish tyrant who became the curse of Nepal? Share your views!

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.” - Hubert Humphrey
View user profile http://surathgiri.blogspot.com

InViSible Wolf

Active Debator
Active Debator
follish tyrant who change the fate of nepalese people

View user profile

blazeofglory

Active Debator
Active Debator
I think being a great statesman and being a tyrant are related.

View user profile

eveningpolestar

Professional Debator
Professional Debator
blazeofglory wrote:I think being a great statesman and being a tyrant are related.

ya sure they are related ...but which aspect was more prominent in Junga Bahadur...i meant to ask.

"Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.” - Hubert Humphrey

Razor Blade

Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator
To my knowledge it was his obviously a great statesman but his image was no less than a tyrant.

View user profile

deepesh

General Debator
General Debator
Jung bdr rana was a great Man..... period!!!
he wasnt a follish anything. he did what every leader at that time would do. only difference is that everyone else didnt have his talent or the audacity. he took reponsibility of his country in his own hand and steered it for the better. just because his succesors( the rest of the rana clan) couldnt live up to his name is by no means any reflection upon his ability as a statemen. everything else was a royalist propaganda after 2007 revolution.
the same thing is happening now to the shah dynasty through the hands of the maoist.

View user profile

Saurav

Active Debator
Active Debator
He was a great man not a great statesman but a great family-man. He has done so many great things, not for the country but for Rana's.

View user profile

Unfathom

Whether "Janga Bahadur" or any other "Bahadur" that came after him till now are not so good good for our country. Even if "Jang Bahadur Rana" had made some changes for the welfare of the country and the people, that would have eventually been dissolved after the fall of "Rana Regime". He was "statesman" for the "Rana's" only. I don't think that the "Bahadur's" of today's would have appreciated his changes because we all know that the moto's of today's "Bahadur" is "Don't work and don't let other work"

View user profile

Saurav

Active Debator
Active Debator
Unfathom wrote:Whether "Janga Bahadur" or any other "Bahadur" that came after him till now are not so good good for our country. Even if "Jang Bahadur Rana" had made some changes for the welfare of the country and the people, that would have eventually been dissolved after the fall of "Rana Regime". He was "statesman" for the "Rana's" only. I don't think that the "Bahadur's" of today's would have appreciated his changes because we all know that the moto's of today's "Bahadur" is "Don't work and don't let other work"

I agree that non other bahadurs have also shown any "statesman ship" Some what shown by Late King Mahendra,- even though his system was not democratic.
But we are not compering Jung Bahadur with other Bahadurs.

View user profile

Unfathom

Definately for one reason "we are not compering Jung Bahadur with other Bahadurs" but to identify the potential and capabilities,work or personality without comparing it's hard to know what the person was like. The only thing that I liked about Mr. Bahadur is that he brought printing press form England, God knows whether knowingly or unknowingly.

View user profile

eveningpolestar

Professional Debator
Professional Debator
I think he was a tyrant who pushed this country more than a century back ...but again had it not been Jung Bahadur it would have been some another Bahadur ruling this country!!!

Razor Blade

Advanced Debator
Advanced Debator
or I believe other very good statesman would have got the chance
so it could have been worse or better is two probability just like that of coin

View user profile

eveningpolestar

Professional Debator
Professional Debator
deepesh wrote:Jung bdr rana was a great Man..... period!!!
he wasnt a follish anything. he did what every leader at that time would do. only difference is that everyone else didnt have his talent or the audacity. he took reponsibility of his country in his own hand and steered it for the better. just because his succesors( the rest of the rana clan) couldnt live up to his name is by no means any reflection upon his ability as a statemen. everything else was a royalist propaganda after 2007 revolution.
the same thing is happening now to the shah dynasty through the hands of the maoist.

I strongly disagree!! He DIDN'T take the responsibility of the country..he exploited it to the extent of raping it. He was bad and his successors were even worse in my view. I don;t think he steered it for better...just by visiting a foreign country and bringing some gifts, you won;t be helping your country, do you? I think because of him , the advent of freedom to our country was delayed...the cultures he set is still haunting Nepalese..like arbitrary ruling of the country...nepotism....punishing people if they progress more...acting like a big brother of the whole country..etc

george

Jung Bahadur Rana was great person and good opportunist like every politician. He did implied all his skills and resource to be in power. That was the ultimate goal for every clan at the time. If you look closely his struggle days he was the best struggler for his life. If he had not mastered the “wild elephant controlling” skill and if had not demonstrated king Rajendra bikram shah, he would been lost in to dust. Or jumping into animal bone dumping well or jumping into trisuli river on the horseback upon the order of lunatic prince Surendra bikram shah.

He was great man for seizing power in midst of killing for political power or for the angry command of foolish king or queen. He grew up in midst of political killing and got involved in it. For his first kill he was hired by the queen.

British were encroaching. Political Power was divided Pande clan and kunwar clan, while Thapa clan were just erased from political scene.

After seizing power he did few great things for country. He was indirectly murdered by his own brother. And he took command. So was political game played. Then it became self centered.

It is better to study history better before labling any one.

View user profile
MY DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS ARTICLE PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO THINK WHAT I WANT TO SAY

JANG BAHADUR RANA: AGREAT STATESMAN OR A TYRANT! CORRECT

NOW THE FIRST QUESTION ARISES CAN A FOOLISH OR A TYRANT CAN BE A LEADER
NO OFCOURSE NOT SO AS A RESULT HE RULED 107 YEARS IN NEPAL SO NEITHER HE WAS FOOLISH NOR HE WAS TYRANT

JUNG BAHADUR RANA IS PRIDE OF OUR NATION
WHAT EVER HE DID, HE DID FOR HIS COUNTRY THIS PROVES THAT HE LOVED HIS COUNTRY
CAUSE IT WAS HIS MOTHER LAND
SO HOW CAN ANYONE SAYS THAT HE WAS TYRANT/WISH HE COULD BE THERE TODAY OUR COUNTRY WOULD BE 20 YEARS FORWADED FROM THE PRESENT AND WE COULD AVAIL THE LUXIRIOUS LIFE.

ANYWAY CAN ANYONE TELL ME
WHY HIS NAME WAS KEPT JUNG BAHADUR RANA (JUNG) AND WHO GAVE THIS NAME
SO BETTER BE CLOSE TO THE HISTORY
GET WELL BOOKS WELL STUDY WELL CONCENTRATION

I WILL POST THIS ANSWER NEXT TIME LET'S SEE HOW MANY CAN ANSWER THIS
TILL THEN TAKE CARE BYE[/b]

View user profile

ritesh

an jange le rana ko lagi matra garyo tara khai t nepali lai gareko.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum